Ask Me Why

"Okay, let's see if this is unlocked." Karamatsu jiggled your doorknob, and it turned. "That wasn't very safe of you, (Y/N)." He walked inside, carrying you bridal-style. "It looks pretty nice in here, I like it." He found your room and set you down in your bed. "What time is it, anyways?" He glanced at the digital clock. "Huh. Well, I guess it wouldn't matter if I stayed the night since we're neighbors. Screw my brothers, anyways." He tucked you in, kissing your cheek. "Sleep well, my beloved." He sat in the chair, nodding off as well.

---

"Eh?" You cracked open your eyes as sunlight streamed in through the windows. "I'm at home? Last night I was at the park. Was I dreaming?" You groaned in frustration. "And it was a good dream, too."

"Don't let your dreams stay dreams, (Y/N)!" Karamatsu stood up from the chair. "Happy to see me?"

"Well, yeah. Why are you in my house?"

"I took you home after you fell asleep, and I decided to stay here. Probably should've asked first, but I couldn't bring myself to wake you up." He wore a pout on his lips. "Unless I'm not welcome here?"

"No, no, you're always welcome. Thanks for taking me home and stuff." You smiled.

"What kind of gangster in shining pants leave his princess all alone?" He struck a dorky pose.

"Again with the gangster thing?" You looked him up and down and saw no sparkly pants.

"Yes indeed, any nickname you give me is one that shall be treasured by me forever, you know." He blew a kiss in your direction.

"Like Painful?" you suggested.

"Oh." He faltered. "W-well, there's always the exceptions."

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." You scrambled out of bed to his side. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

"Oh, it takes a lot more than that to hurt me!" Karamatsu plastered on a fake smile. "Well, I should be heading home. My brothers probably want to beat me up. Or, you could come along to protect me?"

"I guess I owe you one, after all."

"Forward, ho!" He had a slight spring in his step, but his eyes just looked sad. "Do you think they noticed I was gone?"

"Probably, the room was less sparkly when you left."

"Oh, that's right!" He kicked the door open, only to be yanked inside immediately.

"WHERE WERE YOU?!"

"WERE YOU WITH THAT GIRL?!"

"DID YOU HAVE SEX?!"

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU, SHITTYMATSU!"

"Oh my god!" You hurried in there, only to find Ichimatsu grabbing Karamatsu in a chokehold as the rest of them (save Jyushimatsu, who was sitting in the corner with that vacant stare) sat on him.

"Save me!" he rasped.

"Run, (Y/N)! We'll hold him off for as long as we can!" Osomatsu declared. You sighed, smashing his face into the floor. "Ow ow ow ow ow!"

"Let him go, assbutts." You leaned down to Karamatsu's level and pried Ichimatsu's arms off of him. "There."

"EEP!" He immediately hid behind you as the others started closing in.

"Don't worry, (Y/N)! We're here to help you!"

You narrowed your eyes and kicked Todomatsu away. "I don't need saving, idiots. Leave your brother alone."

They stopped mid-stride, tilting their heads in confusion. Karamatsu slowly peeked over your shoulder with terrified eyes.

"But, (Y/N)!" Choromatsu protested.