It's All Too Much

Trigger warning: Self-harm mention.

"Damn, how long has it been?" You checked the calendar. "A little over a month, huh? Maybe it's time I confess." No sooner had the words left your mouth, you heard the familiar sound of a guitar. "Speak of the devil, this should be interesting." You opened your window, and lo and behold, it was Karamatsu in all his glory.

"Bonjour, (Y/N)!" he called. "I come bearing you the gift of music! Whenever you're ready!"

"Oh, alright. A-one, a-two, a-one, two, three, four!"

"Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please, love me do
Whoah, love me do

Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please, love me do
Whoah, love me do

Someone to love
Somebody new
Someone to love
Someone like you

Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please, love me do
Whoah, love me do

Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please, love me do
Whoah, love me do
Yeah, love me do
Whoah, love me do..."

"Perfect as usual!" You clapped.

"Merci, merci, mon amie." He bowed, using French again. "May I have the honor of meeting this fair maiden at her doorstep?"

"Hold on, I'm coming." You nearly tripped over Abra on the way. "You may come in."

"Non, I want to sit out here and talk."

"Alright." You both fell flat on your backs, just looking up at the sky. "Did you know it's been a month since we met?"

"Time flies, huh?" Karamatsu crossed his arms behind his head. "Look at the stars tonight. I think that little cluster over there looks like a beetle."

"The insect or the band?" you teased. "Where?"

"Right here." He took your hand, pointing at the stars.

"Oh yes, I see now." You didn't let go of his hand, it felt warm and comforting.

"(Y/N), can I rant for a bit?" He simmered down.

"Of course, I'll always be here to listen. What's up?"

"I've just...I've started to feel a little depressed lately."

"What?" You turned to face him. "Do you know why?"

"Yes. I think it's because nobody wants me around. You've seen how my brothers react, so sometimes...sometimes I wish I didn't exist." He looked away with a frown.

"Karamatsu, you know I want you around, right?" You poked his shoulder.

"Yeah, it's good to feel wanted and uh, maybe loved."

"I'm sure they love you."

"Mmhmm. Hey, (Y/N)? I know we've had this discussion before, but what do you think of me?"

You froze. "Well, when I first saw you, I thought you were a creep. But when I got to know you, I realized I was very, very wrong. You're my best friend, and it wasn't long before I realized-what are you doing?"

"You're a good person, (Y/N)." Karamatsu rolled closer, staring into your eyes. "I'm glad I met you."

"I'm glad I met you, too! I'm not sure what I would've done if I didn't walk on that bridge." You screamed internally as he pulled you closer. "Kara?"