10

it has been so so long and i apologize!! here's a super long chapter as an apology :(

with season three now out, my ideas for this series have only grown and i knew it was time to return to this book and finally finish the story i was telling.

updates will be whenever i am able to write for this, which, because i'm working 40 hours a week currently, may be a little inconsistent but i promise they will continue to happen!!

now, i have to ask (and spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen season three!) what does everyone think of the new season? and how do you think emilia will be involved? i already have ideas for her plot line and how she will be involved in the ending of that season, but am curious to see what others think may happen :))

without further ado, let's get back into the world of emilia kate hargreeves :)

Emilia moved quickly and quietly as she helped the boy back to his room, not even bothering to see if Vanya or Five were following her and ignoring the way Luther was inspecting her

Emilia moved quickly and quietly as she helped the boy back to his room, not even bothering to see if Vanya or Five were following her and ignoring the way Luther was inspecting her. She knew he was trying to read her, hoping to understand what it was that was bothering her.

What made her so different than before.

But Emilia had grown good at keeping her wall up and she wasn't about to let it down now. Instead, she kept her eyes forward, following Luther's instructions until they made it back to his room. She helped lay the boy down on his bed, Luther letting out a small groan of pain before sighing in relief as his body relaxed against the soft covers of his bed.

Not even a moment later Emilia was back at his side, a washcloth in hand which she used to softly dab at his wounds. Luther watched her silently, a small frown taking over his features at her actions. "What's wrong?" the brunette asked upon seeing his expression, her eyebrows furrowing together in concern. "Am I hurting you?"

"No, no. I'm okay," Luther assured her. "I just. . ." He hesitated as he stared at her, the girl gently pulling the washcloth away in order to meet his eyes. "I'm sorry for being an asshole to you all those years ago."

Emilia blinked in surprise, her face softening softly before she smiled sadly, "I wasn't exactly better."

"But you were," Luther insisted, slowly pulling his body up into a sitting position so that he was facing the girl. "You were kinder to me than I ever deserved and I'm sorry I treated you the way that I did. I guess I was just always afraid of you leaving again."

The young girl was silent as she stared at her brother, her eyes flickering over his face before she finally said, "I think that guy punched you too hard." Luther smiled weakly at that, wincing when the action pulled on the cut on his lip. Emilia watched him for a moment longer before finally averting her eyes as she gently dabbed at his lip again to wipe away the fresh blood. "I'm sorry I left you," she whispered. "I know it must've been hard."