9

ahhh it's been a while!! I'm so sorry for the longest wait in history. I honestly lost inspiration for a little bit there and this chapter was going to be so important in the flashback sense that I totally did not want to rush it. I hope you all can forgive me!

but now, we are pretty much caught up with Emilia's life in the past after this chapter except for one more even which will be mentioned in the future hehe.

if you don't remember what was happening before this, please go back and reread the past chapters to help you out!!

once again, I am so sorry and I plan to start updating this book again now that I've regained inspiration. in the meantime, please let me know what you thought about this chapter so I know it's worth it to start writing it again. your feedback means the world to me!

 your feedback means the world to me!

1962

Emilia stumbled out of the house, not being able to wrap her head around what was happening. All she knew was that Will and Jamie were gone. They were gone and she had no idea what had happened to them. It was like her mind had become a broken record, constantly repeating the same words over and over again.

They're gone. They're gone. They're gone. They're gone. They're gone. They're gone.

The clicking of a gun seemed to snap the girl out of her thoughts, the tears rolling down her face long forgotten as she whirled around. Standing near the corn field were two men that Emilia didn't know the name of but recognized from seeing around town. One had a gun pointing in her direction while the other held an axe in hand with a smirk upon his face.

Emilia bit her lip, attempting to keep herself calm enough so that she wouldn't lash out and kill them on the spot with her powers. They watched her for a moment before the man with the axe stepped forward. "Miss Emilia, correct?" the man asked, tilting his head to the side a bit with a sickening grin appearing on his face.

"Yes," Emilia replied, standing up a bit straighter.

"I think it'd be best if you come with us at the moment," the man said causing Emilia to give him a look. "And why the hell would I do that?" she questioned, not even blinking when the man with the gun moved closer.

"We like William and James. We really do. Would be a shame if something happened to them, don't you think?" the man asked. Emilia tensed, her eyes narrowing slightly as she looked at the men. "What did you do with them? Where are Will and Jamie?" she questioned, her voice shaky due to the anger coursing through her veins. For a moment her eyes even flickered with flames and the men began to shift uneasily on their feet.