Chapter 02

- Thank you. - and she started to walk with the intention to live.

Simple words but so meaningful. She was honest. It was long ago when she let someone hold her like that. She forgot how pleasant it can be. His embrace was warm and gentle. He held her with honesty without any other intention.

          - What are you doing? You can’t live! - he didn’t yell at her but he was speaking loud - I at least deserve an explanation for what happend. Please.

She decided that he was right and he indeed deserved an explanation but what she could say about a twisted fuck like Armand?

Armand was a monstruos person even if his handsome face and his nicely build body were deceiving.

Alex stopped and turn to face Jong.

          - What do you want to know?

          - The truth.

          - There is no such thing. If you want answers you have to ask the right questions.

          - You were the target?

          - Yes.

          - And I?

          - You what?

          - Am I a target?

          - Yes.

          - Why?

          - Because you were next to me.

          - That is a reason?

          - For psychopaths like him it is enough.

          - Please talk to me. In this manner... I do not know what to ask.

          - I do not want to answer to you because I do not know what to say.

          - What is the purpose of all of this?

          - Entertainment. Amusement.

          - How could you say it so easely?! - he was furious. - Why you say it like is something casual?! - this time he screamed at her.

          - Because I don’t know how to say it differently. It is better for you if you don’t know.

          - You are right. I don’t want to know but he seemed serious so I don’t think I can just close my eyes and pretend it didn't happen.

          - Why?

She was shaking. She was furious and broken. It would be so much easier just to pretend it didn't happen. If she remains next to him all of it will become twisted, sick and very dangerous. In time he will be stripped of all that he is. He will become a walking shell or worse he will become a monster like Armand. She saw it way to many times to have the hope that it’ll be diferent this time. If she walks away now maybe is a very small chance to protect him from afar.

          - Please just pretend it didn't happen.

          - What will happen if I do that?

          - Go to the police. Tell them what happend and tell them that you are in danger. You are a public figure after all and maybe they can help.

          - So you know who I am.

          - When I saw your face at the hospital I realized who you are. This was not a coincidence.