Chapter 03

A week passed since the two of them met. Jong thought about Alex every day. He couldn't help himself. This thing pissed him off even more. He couldn’t make clear the reason why he was thinking of her. It was the fact that he indeed wanted to know her more or just because he was angry with her because she was so reckless.

He couldn’t get out of his mind that particular time when she knelt to save him. How could she do it so easily? He was distracted in the last few days. He couldn't focus on his job or anything else.

It was late in the night when he returned home from the agency and found a huge and heavy package in front of the door. When he opened the package he found Alex and a note inside it.

"These are the instructions. If you let her go again I will kill both of you."

Alex was unconscious. He took her and put her on the bed. He stayed by her side and waited anxiously to regain her consciousness.

Alex woke up the next day after the sunset. She didn’t open her eyes imediately. She realized that she was in a bed with clean sheets. It's been a long time since she slept so well. She felt that scent again, which was beginning to become very familiar to her. When she open her eyes she saw Jong in an armchair reading. His image reminded her of the hospital. With difficulty she sat up. He closed the book and put it away with an elegant gesture.

          - You are finally awake. I told you I do not want to see you again so start explaining.

          - Armand found me. He wanted to kill you so I agreed to play the game. I didn't find any other solution.

          - The next day after you left I went to the police as you said. They told me that without solid evidence they can’t help me. How serious is the situation?

          - Deadly serious.

          - We have three months to come up with a plan right?

          - Yes. 

          - For now what are we doing and how do we do it?

          - We should stay in separate rooms and we should communicate as little as possible. We must avoid attaching ourselves to each other.

          - You are right. What will happen when the instructions come?

          - You will do as he tells you. - she told him with a sad voice.

          - I refuse. Not because of you but because I will not let him take away my humanity.

          - You will not have a choce believe me. At the very end I will not fight you so you will have a chance to survive.

          - This is your plan?! To let yourself killed?! - he was yelling at her. - I hate you so much right now! You are not the person who saved my life back at the hospital. Pull yourself together!

          - You don't know anything about me.

          - That is right but I will not let your stupid decisions affect me. And the way you are speaking right know makes me feel like I wish I would not know you.

He stood up and left the room. Alex lay back to enjoy a little more of the passing comfort.

She didn't know how long she stood like that without moving. At some point Jong returned in the room.

          - Get up. We have to go shopping. Tomorrow I am busy and I must take you with me. You can't come in these clothes.

          - I will not come with you.