Chapter 04

A few days passed since they had to live together. From that evening Jong no longer watched over her sleep.

He took Alex everywhere with him. The waiting time she spent it with her eyes closed, day dreaming. She wasn't awake though but neither asleep. Every sound made her startled. Jong noticed this. Eitherway he didn't understand why he was so attentive to her.

He stopped what he was doing and went to her and handed her his headphones.

          - They will give you a little peace.

Alex didn't give them back and from that moment on she had them constantly with her.   

The days went by the same way. Monotonous with a well-established routine. They were careful to avoid anything that might interrupt this rhythm. They avoided having much contact with each other and spoke only the necessary.

One night Jong woke up and found her in his room sleeping by the door wrapped in a blanket. He lifted her up and put her in his bed. Alex when she woke up was a little disoriented. Jong was sleeping in a chair next to the bed.

          - Hey sleepy head. You are alright?

          - Yes but... - she stopped because she didn't know how to continue.

          - You often come into my room when you have nightmares?

          - I am sorry. I shouldn't have, but how do you know about nightmares?

Jong looked at her with a face that was saying "are you really asking me this?"

          - Ah, I even thanked you for staying with me because of them.

          - It's fine. - he told her smiling. - Look we tried the way you said but I don't think this will work.

          - I am sorry I shouldn't come into your room.

          - What is wrong with you? Why do you keep apologizing? Just stop.

          - I do not understand you. How can you accept so easily that you are trapped in this sick game? Are you really that bored?

          - Alex you don't know me well. I'm a complicated person and it's not easy to deal with me. I'm pretty impatient. I often lose my temper slightly and do not give up arguing when it comes to my person. I kept thinking and revising what happened. I think you know that weapons are illegal in this country. The fact that they have weapons is a very serious matter. If they didn't take out the guns on us at the hospital, maybe it was harder for me to believe you. I understand why you want to keep your distance, but this only creates a tension between us and that is not in our favour. I think we should change the approach. I wanted to ask you why is not a coincidence our meeting.

          - I need to change.

Jong steped in front of the door with his hands in his pockets.

          - Answer me.

          - I don't want to.

          - You don't leave from here until you answer me.

Alex went to the window and crossed her hands over her chest.

          - You have a beautiful view from here.

          - Why do you keep avoiding to answer me?

          - Because it's something very personal. It was my little guilty secret. It was just me and another person in the room when I said what I said. Only she could have told him. She betrayed me but after that I found out that she had no choice. Two can keep a secret only if one of them is dead.

          - What did you said?

          - It looks like we'll be here for a while. - she said disconnected.

          - Fine by me.

He locked the door with the key and put it in his pocket. He started to work on something on the laptop in order for the time to pass. Alex’s body was weak and she couldn't stand for long on her feet so she sat down where she was. Almost two hours have passed in this way.

          - You said something about me.

          - Yes.

          - You're a fan?

          - A fan? Don't delude yourself.

          - What could you have said so bad?

          - Why do you insist so hard to find out?

          - Why do you insist on not telling me?

          - Because it's not something you need to know. Why can't I have at least one secret?

          - You can have as many secrets as you wish except for this one. - he said playfully.

          - In my whole life I never saw something more beautiful as he. He is beautiful like an angel and delightful as one of the devil's favorite children. His beauty cannot be divided and analyzed separately. It is a unitary whole, but his soul dies inside him.

Jong's smile dissappeard from his beautiful face.

          - Why are you so surprised? I'm sure you heard it like an infinite times.

          - Yes but never this way and how you realized that...

          - I was there too.

          - What you did?

          - I surrendered and conquered myself. It took me a great deal of willpower but in the end for the one who fights every day for his life, life has a flavor that the one who is sheltered will never know and will never understand.

          - And delightful as one of the devil's favorite children.

          - You asked.

          - I have to admit that you have a special way of choosing your words. I like it. It sounds very appealing.

          - Aren't you going to the agency today?

          - It is Sunday. I am entitled to at least one day of rest.

          - I didn't think you had something like that.

          - You're right, but I chose this way on my own.

          - That's why you have time to play with me.

          - The day is just at the beginning. It is something that you want to do?

          - What do you say about waching some movies, listening music, reading something interesting and eating something delicious?

          - It's sound very good for me.