Chapter 10: Raindrops

Hello Dear Readers... It has been sometime since my last update, six months to be precise. I would like to say thank you for your support an patience. Writting is an unpredictable journey.  Please read, comment and fan. Share it...

She stood there at his door. It seemed like the rain wasn’t bothering her. He lied to her too. There wasn’t even one sincere and loyal person in her life.  Her cries tore through her. She couldn’t distinguish her own tears from the rain drops. Is the sky crying for me? They had finally broken her. Everybody has been hiding something. 

She wasn’t conscious of the time she had spent there. The rain had worsened. The water soaked her clothes, her skin and it was drowning her heart.  Lea felt she was stuck in a nightmare. Everything seemed out of proportion not being loved by her family, Adrian, Sebastian and her illness, her stupid heart. Why didn’t it stop beating?

She touched the doorbell.  Doubt and fear took over her. She wasn’t sure she wanted to confront him.  She turned she couldn’t face anybody.  Lea had put all her hopes on him and he had let her down like everybody else.

Sebastian opened the door. Oh my God for how long had she been in the rain?  “Lea?”

She didn’t respond and kept on walking. He grabbed her arm forcing her to stop and look at him. Droplets ran over his perfect features.

 When did she memorize each line of his face?  How could she still loose herself in the blue ocean of his eyes?  How could she still be there?

He was saying something but she was too numb to understand. “Please come in.” Those were the only words her mind registered.  She wasn’t able to take even one step. He picked her up as easily as if she was a child. She tried to hurt him throwing useless punches to his chest.  Once on the floor, she kept fighting

“You knew everything. You took me as guarantee for your money because she is pregnant. That’s why you didn’t   go after her. You lied to me.  I trusted you and you made me the part of your revenge”   Tears slipped down her cheeks.

“I just wanted to protect you.” He said pulling her into his chest.

 “I live in a lie.” She sobbed ”

Sebastian couldn’t find the right words tocomfort her heart with.  She cried as hard as was humanly possible to get rid of all the years of sorrow and loneliness.  She felt so lost.

Her body felt light and her mind was in another world.   Lea felt drained, her body was too heavy for her.  She was shivering uncontrollably. The heat of his body didn’t seem enough. Sebastian took her to his room. He took her face between his hands, stroking softly the side of her face.

She tried to control her body but she just let herself go and she just let him to assist her. Was it pity that she managed to read on his face?

“Let’s get you out of these wet clothes he said quietly as he bent to take her shoes off. He unbutton her blouse. His fingers moved rapidly freeing her from the wet clothes. She was too tired to even blush from the shame of being undressed by a man.  Her pale skin irradiated deception and loneliness.  She looked like a wounded angel someone had ripped her wings off.

Sebastian brought her down in the bathtub.  The water was hot, blissfully hot, making her body instantly relax.   Sebastian gently washed her body, massaging each length of her tired and aching body. He washed her hair tilting her head gently.   After his ministrations were over, she stood up, letting him dry her. Lea and sat on the bed wearing one of his pajamas while he combed her hair.

“Rest my love.” He wanted so much to kiss her, but he couldn’t. He had been so selfish. He had just thought about himself and what he wanted.