Chapter 15: Face to face

Hello my dear readers finally I had the time to publish. I'm  grateful because I have very patient followers. Please comment, vote and share.
Unedited
It had been a long morning. Lea's insecurities were making her early start very difficult. She practiced one more time what she was going to say. Lying wasn't easy for her because it would increase her heart beat, make her hands sweat and she would startled uncontrollably. Even her fidgeting would betray her.  Looking at the image on the mirror gave her self confidence. She reviewed all the positive aspects first of all she was wearing a blue silk textured dress with a gold metallic belt, leather brown high heels. She also had a matching bag.  She thought that even it annoyed her a bit she had to thank someone for selecting the clothes, the shoes and the accessories.  She checked her simple makeup once more.

Lea entered the kitchen there she  saw Mrs. Ana preparing breakfast and Ray was there sitting on a stool on the other side of the counter sipping his coffee.

"Good morning Ms. Lea, you can go sit in the dinning room your breakfast will be served in a minute." Mrs. Ana said.

"Oh no don't worry I would like to take my breakfast here with your companion." Lea said as she sat beside Ray.

Lea ate the wonderful breakfast pancakes, bacon and fresh berries and strawberries. Lea felt comfortable with these persons. Ray talked about his lovely children and of their mischiefs. He mentioned they liked to draw and mostly to draw on the walls.
Lea admired the loving tone Ray used to talk about his family.

"With those anecdotes I'm really curious. I would love to meet your children maybe I can give them some painting lessons."

She couldn't remind the last time she laughed so much. Breakfast time had turned in a competition between Ana's stories of her grandchildren and Ray's stories of his kids.

Lea stood up and took her plate to the sink. She wanted to help Ana with the dishes.

"Leave it there. That's my job."She said taking the sponge from Lea's hands.

Lea placed a kiss on Ana's cheek. "Thank you it was delicious."

"Ray can you please take me to my parents house. Can you also make some arrangements with a moving company? I will be moving my paintings and some furniture I have in my studio." Lea

"No problem Ms. Blackwill. I will make the arrangements  immediately."

"Thank you Ray and please call me Lea."

"Ok Lea" he replied hesitant.

The ride to the place she used to call home was silent. The pleasant mood of the breakfast chat had changed. Now the air was felt some how heavy.  Lea knew that she wouldn't have a preamble. Her mother would go straight to the interrogation. But she really feared crossing herself with her sister or with Adrain.

"The garden is going to miss you." He said without looking at her.

She sat near her father taking his hand in hers. "Maybe you can take care of it. I will come and help you."

He looked at his smiling daughter. Tears started to swell James eyes. He didn't deserve her love and kindness. She had all the right to hate him but instead she offered forgiveness.

"It's  ok, dad. Everything will be good." Lea tried to sound convincing.

He touched her engagement ring. "Is this what you want?" This time he observed each detail of his daughter features. She smiled and laid her hand on her chest and confidently said  "its what the heart wants. I will live many years and be happy. I will give you grandchildren. That means you have to take care of yourself eat your meals, take your pills and do your recommended exercise. Lea said using a familiar doctor tone. "That way you will be healthy and you can babysit. They laughed together.