Chapter 7: Fate

***Sorry for the delay. I was very busy. I got a new job I'm just getting the hang of it. Please read and enjoy. Vote, comment and please share my book with other readers. ****

Chapter 7

There was no answer only flooded eyes. Only tears. He didn't want to hurt her but it was too late. "I... I..." She had lost her confident voice it was replaced by uncertainty.

He covered her mouth with a finger "Don't say anything"

He didn't want to sound cruel but she had to understand. "You don't have an option."

No option. Who was this man? Who knew his real intentions? She wanted to scream that she was a woman with feelings. That she felt like a piece of furniture given away as a part of a bargain. He had negotiated her life and that truth was wrenching her heart.

Then his closeness didn't help her think correctly. He was so close. Will he kiss me again?

" Please, don't cry." He whispered softly as he placed gentle kisses on the trail of her tears.

Is this tenderness? Is he comforting me? When he was trigging the pain of her heart. He was making her walk through a passage of loneliness, losing the possibility of being loved. Was this a game to him? Many questions with no answers.

Confusion stroked her thoughts. She felt dizzy.

"It has been a long evening you must be tired. Tomorrow is another day, we have plenty time to settle things." It felt like cold bloody business.

When did he become so concerned?

She didn't have the strength to argue. It had been a long day maybe too long. This time he didn't take her by the hand. He wrapped his arm around her waist.

Cliff Gardens had lost its enchantment.

The only thing she mumbled was "Please take me home."

She didn't want to think she forced her mind to go blank. She was exhausted.

Once in the entrance Lea whispered "Leave me hear please."

She didn't look at him she jumped out of the car. She only heard the echo of his voice calling her name. She did not enter through the front door she crossed the garden to enter through the back entrance of the house. Everything was silent, too silent.

Lea knew that Sebastian's truce had finished. He had a clear target and objective, but today he showed he could be a complete different man.

Could he really be kind, friendly and supportive?

Beyond that she knew he was an experienced man used to be on public notice. His family story and there extravagant lifestyle made them part of the celebrity world. That made her wonder how her sister Tatiana had been able to hide her relation with Sebastian. It also made her wonder how her future would be.

How could I fit in that life? Would I be the miserable wife? Would I have to tolerate an unknown man? Would he have a mistress humiliating that way my dignity?

There were so many questions, so much to worry about. She needed answers to her questions. She reasoned that it was her fault. She regretted being in her own world. While she spent her time trying to heal her broken heart her family, her father's company was falling apart. Tatiana had even taken away her friend. Even Lea recognized she acted like a ghost wondering around the house. That sometimes she wasn't even noticed she lamented getting used to it. She had made her own world between paints, plants and books. But know she had to step out of the shadow. This thought made her tremble.