Chapter 3

Chapter 3.

I just got home and I think that the weather is changing, that would be the best thing ever because then it will mean that Ndabenhle will not come here. I know if he comes I will not be able to say no to him, hopefully by tomorrow this time it will be raining, well at least I hope it does.
Yazi most people will not understand why I live in isolation or some might just wonder why I have zero social life. It's not like I'm uptight or anything like that but it just that people have disappointed me a lot, I trusted someone and he broke my trust. I also trusted my mother to protect me because it's what mothers do, protect their children's but I guess mine did not get the memo.

***

Today i woke up at 9 and did my laundry and i was finished by 12 because I watched TV in between my washing. The weather really disappointed me. Well it's a usual occurence here , sometimes you think it's gonna rain but just change ngama last so today it's really hot which means I will have to go on a date tonight with Ndabezinhle. I won't lie even though I know it might be a disaster but I'm just curious .
I don't know if I should cook now or what because the food might get spoilt, but I'm hungry and I'm not the fan of junk but today I'm going to go and treat my self to ikota ( bunny chow) I've seen some posts circulating on facebook of people praising a kota from across the street, that I've never tried but I guess that today is their lucky day, also mine.

I took R50 and wore my sleepers , locked the door then went to buy my self ikota. I know there is always a long line there but they are quick because it's actually a successful business so it more than one person that prepares amakota. They even sell fried chips. I got there and luckily there were just two people in front of me , I don't know if it's because it's still early, pass by 5pm or there will be a long line. They ordered and I also ordered and we all waited.
I finally got my order and went to my house, I wanted to eat it while sitting down . I got in sat down and digged in. And I did not regret my decision to buy it because it's actually the best.

By 5 PM I prepared my self for the date ,I mean if I ruin this chance of actually being social who knows when will I meet another person that will bother me to go to a date with them. Because honestly everyone I've pushed away just left me in peace no one has ever refused because some say I have a mean face..I'm unapproachable... I'm always angry but that's not true I mean I'm always alone so I can't just smile alone otherwise they will call me crazy. I finished bathing then I went to my wardrobe to look for what to wear.

I decided to just make some effort in what I was going to wear, what if everything goes well tonight and I actually enjoy my self? Atleast I should look good and wear a dress. Even though I do not usually wear dresses but I do have some dresses, some that still has price tags. I decided to wear this maroon one I bought at Legit a long time a go. Its velvet dress and it's a body hugging dress, a long sleeves dress, On the sleeves it has lace which perfectly hides my scars perfectly. I also wore my black sandals and took out a black handbag that I usually don't carry at all so it's slightly new.

I keep on watching the gate , it's 18:55 now and I thought that he would be standing by my gate by now or maybe he is still looking for the right house, well that is if he did not follow me yesterday which I doubt he did because he was with his daughter. I decided to just go and peek outside a gate just a little maybe I might see him. It was unfortunate that just when I was about to reach the gate, handbag in hand I saw him getting out of the car, I tried going back inside the car trust me I did but nope he saw me. Now it will look like I'm too eager to go with him because I wanted to make him wait outside the gate for atleast ten minutes
"Ujikelani?" He asked with a smile , damn
" um.. I just wanted to go and ...." I stuttered
" awukwazi nokuqamba amanga " ( you can't even lie)
I got out of the gate and went closer to him, it's no use playing hard to get now it's too late. He hugged me, he actually held me in his arms. I tried pulling away because duh we do not know each other like that, personal space.
" You look beautiful " I thanked him with a smile.
He then opened the door for me to his car VW TSI , I got in then he drove out.
" Where are we going?" I asked him because I have no idea where we are going
" I'm talking you to nando's or spur anywhere you want?"
" let's go to spur , I'm not a fan of nando's " after that it was quiet in the car only his music was playing , deep house..I should have known it suits him.

" so tell me, who is Omuhle ? " he asked when we finished eating, now we are just sitting and im drinking cocktail and he is drinking a Castle Lager beer
" Ah I'm just a simple girl , I love reading.. I love the nature and yea, otherwise you can ask me anything else you want to know"
" How old are you? "
" hahaha, you never ask a lady her age "
" You look like you are 22" he answered
" I'm not, I'm actually 27, Tell me about your daughter "
" She is 5 now and she is daddy princess "
" I assume she would be, father's are the daughters first love"
" she is also my first love. With her I knew how to love someone unconditionally" I just smiled cause I did not know how to answer that
" So tell me, what are you doing next weekend? I want to cook for you "
" can you even cook?" I asked
" you will be the judge of that, but trust me "
" mmmmh I guess I should "
" Can I please have your number now" he asked
" As long as you won't harrass me then yeah sure you can have it." He smiled
" I guess you have figured out that I like you " I honestly did not...
" Really, I thought you were just being nice "
" I'm not nice, but yeah I like you and I'd love to get to know you better " he became serious in an instant
" I do not want you to waste your time with me... I'm the least person that should interest you" I answered him looking down
" Why? You are interesting and I want to know you, the real you not this person you are portraying to be." Me portraying to be someone else? Okay I get him
" Let say I will be nice to you from now on, do you expect me to be your girlfriend? " he just laughed so hard
" Muhleza where were you all my life, yes obviously you will be my girlfriend " he continued laughing
" we will see" we continued talking and laughing. I won't lie I really enjoyed my time with him and I will definitely want to do this again soon. Before he took me home I gave him my name. He gave me a kiss on my cheek when he dropped me off.