Chapter 7

STRENGTH IN OUR SCARS©️
CHAPTER 7
NDABENHLE
He finally managed to convince her to come and stay with him until she is okay. He got really scared when she narrated the story to him of how the accident happened. He almost lost her before she even
became his.
He is glad to know that she is okay and no one was badly hurt, except for a few broken
bones here and there. But he would have been glad if she was not hurt at all as he doesn’t want her feeling any pain.

She has asked me to pass by PEP cell so she can buy her self a cell phone just so she can be reachable. Ileft her in the car, I actually locked her inside the car and bought a phone for her. She was not happy when I came back with it as she is an independent lady and has her own money.
When I told her that
it’s a get well soon gift she almost bit my head off as she said she does not want to owe anyone. I guess she is not used to receiving gifts.

We got to my house , it’s a quiet neighborhood my daughter gets bored here which is why she mostly prefer to stay with my mother. Though she has friends that she does play dates and sleepovers with, she loves the township more.

“S'pho is not here for the weekend and this whole week actually, she is visiting her maternal grandmother “ I told her after I parked the car outside the garage as I am still planning of going to buy some junk food for Omuhle. She loves junk food this one, I would have gotten her wine too but then she
can not mix wine with the medicine she is taking.

“ Aw, I was looking forward to seeing her cute face" she replied pressing her phone , the one she did not want.

“ She will find you still here, she will even bore you the way she is such a loud mouth.” I replied
“ children’s are just the cutest. So innocent and untainted, how I wish I was her age “ This is deep
“ Ah imagine if you were her age, bengizojola nobani?” ( Who would I date?) She laughed
“ who are you dating right now cause I know for a fact that you are not dating me. Angijoli nawe" we continued laughing cause I knew she was joking, even though she is right about not dating me.

We got out of the car and went to the house . I unlocked the door and led her to the couch. “ Relax here watch t.v while I prepare you food and feel at home.” I said after she sat down and I gave her the remote Its still shocking that a whole Zulu man can cook , kanti don’t you all believe that umsebenzi womfazi ukupheka ? “ ( Don’t you believe that it’s a woman job to cook?) She said and laughed

“ definitely not at my mother’s house. That women can whoop ass, as long as you are unmarried you learn how to cook. She has a catering company so she always cooked in front of us and I enjoyed watching her cooking and I decided to join her one day and here I am. I learned from my mother “

“ I’m not much of a cooker, which means I’m not a wife material otherwise my husband will have to learn how to cook"

“ You shouldn’t doubt your self. There is more to being a wife or rather a woman than knowing how to cook “ I said and went to the fridge to get her something to drink.

“ But then what would I feed our children? I mean my children If I don’t know how to cook. I mean I know the basics but that’s it.” Did I hear correctly when she said ‘our'?

“ OUR children’s would be so lucky to have a mother like you “ I mean it, she is kind and basically the nicest person that I have come to know. I mean she even likes my child but she has only known her for a few days even though they haven’t spent time together. I gave her the juice that I just got for her from the fridge.

“ You know that I did not mean to say that, but you can cook for me anytime. “
“ Let me quickly go to the shops I will cook for you when I get back. Do I leave you here or must I show you to your room? “ I asked her.

“ No I will just watch tv. Just go and do whatever you must. “
“ I will be back soon, get comfortable, put your feet up and just relax okay? I will be back soon" I kissed her forehead and she moved her head a little away from me I think due to shock but ke she was late because my lips have already reached her forehead. I looked at her and took my car keys form the coffee table and left.

OMUHLE XABA
HER heart is beating so fast after the kiss on her forehead by Ndabe . His lips were so cold she could still feel the coldness of them on her forehead . He is slowly crawling himself inside her heart and she is not so sure whether she should stop him or just welcome him with opened arms because she somehow likes what he is doing to her.

I looked inside my bag for my medication because my arm is starting to act up and I can not find it. Did I perhaps leave it behind?. I called Ndabe ,I hope that he is not too far already.

“Miss me already?” he answered
“Not really, I forgot my pills at my house. Can you please come back and take my keys so that you can fetch them for me.?”

“ Alright I’m coming , luckily I wasn’t too far"
“ Okay" I answered and dropped the call.
********
He later came back with everything he needed from the shops and also my pills. Damn there is nothing sexier than watching him walking around the kitchen but I’m just too far from him. He has unbuttoned his shirt , I am liking what I see. I know what to do… I took the glass I was using earlier to the kitchen. I will just sit there and pretend that I’m keeping him company while I know that I have an ulterior motive.

“ Your tv is now boring me. I’d rather keep you company and watch you cook, just to make sure that you do not burn down the house “ he laughed as he knew that I was joking .

“ I am making you a sandwich so you can drink your pills “ he said.
“ Wont you be in trouble at work since you did not go?”
“ Do not worry about it , I am friends with the owner so he understands “
“ Just don’t take advantage of his kindness, tomorrow you are going to work. “
“ And who will take care of you when I’m gone?”
“ I can take care of my self…”
He gave me my sandwich and water and he went to fetch my pills and gave them to me.
Night time came and he has already showed me to the bathroom and I made a good use of it and I am
now wearing my pyjamas wrapped up in a fleece watching tv. Ndabe went to bath too right after me.
“ So tell me, why hasn’t you moved out of the backroom you live at cause I am sure that you can afford it.” He said coming in wearing a short and a vest. He smells really good, he sat next to me and wrapped him self with “my" fleece.

“ I have never really thought it cause I live peacefully there and no body bothers me. The other tenants are just too busy with their lives to notice me.. not that they could notice me because I am always locking my self in my room.
“Hhayi muhleza, uphila impilo yokuzifihla. You live with ladies that are on your age group yet you do not even know their names “ he said and looked at me.

“ Who said I do not know their names?” I asked him
“ I know you don’t , you are so antisocial wena..”
“ just shut up and let’s watch tv..”
Words count: 1456..
Enjoy ❤