Chapter 13

Noel's POV

I woke up the next morning to multiple texts from Olly.

Olly: Hey are you up yet
Olly: please text me or call me when your up
Olly: I have exciting news and I really need to ask you something
Olly: oh no I'm gonna wake you up sry
Me: it's fine what's up
Olly: there is gonna be an 8th grade dance next weekend and I was wondering if we could go together since we're a couple
Me: of course we can go together
Olly: great I'll see you later for a weekend hang out
Me: okay don't let your dad forget whatever he was gonna bring for my dad
Olly: I won't believe me

I head to the bathroom and change. After I brushed my teeth I went to the kitchen where Jack and dad were sitting. "Mac, for the millionth time I don't care how it works just use it please. If you keep explaining how this works I'll never be able to think again." Jack says. "What's dad trying to explain to you?" I ask. "Jack lost his keys and I was explaining to him how to find them with this homemade metal detector." Dad says. "Yea and the part your dad is leaving out is that he's macsplaining again." Jack says. I can't help but laugh a little. "Jack maybe you should try not loosing your keys then you wouldn't have to ask dad for help." I say. "Okay smartie pants." He says.

After everyone else wakes up we eat breakfast then Olly and his parents come over. "Olly!" I say hugging him. "Hey Noel." He says smiling. "Guys you just saw each other yesterday." mom says smiling. "Yea but we still missed each other." I say smiling at Olly. She looks at us then at Leanna and they both start laughing. "Why are you laughing?" I ask. "You two are so much like Mac and I." mom says. "Yea her and Mac would be separated for 12 hours and they missed each other way more than necessary. But considering our jobs I can kinda understand it." Leanna says. Olly and I start discussing the dance and I take him to my room so we can find something in my closet for me to wear. "Is there a theme?" I ask. "Yea I think it's a costume party thing. Basically like a Halloween costume or something but it doesn't have to be halloween-y." He says. "Okay we'll do you know what your wearing?" I ask. "I had a few different ideas. Superman, Spider-Man, Han Solo-" "You have a Han Solo costume?" I ask somewhat in amusement but also getting an idea. "Yea." He says. "Great wear that! I think I have an old Princess Leia costume." I say digging through a bin of old costumes. I pull it out and thankfully it still fits. "Now I just have to get my mom to help do my hair and I'm done." I say smiling still in the costume. "You look amazing." Olly says smiling. "Thanks." I say blushing a bit harder than I should have. We continue planning then head to the living room to spend time with Jack Jack.

After dinner Olly and his parents leave and most of us head to bed. Mia, mom, dad and I were the last ones in the living room. "So how did meeting Cassian go?" I ask. "It was fine." Dad says. "Dad just had some flashbacks to when mom was dating someone named Aubrey. Cassian doesn't know about the Phoenix for obvious reasons. Him wanting to work for the FBI or CIA worries me just because I don't know what his reaction will be if he finds out about the Phoenix." Mia says. "Hey if he doesn't love you enough to understand why you couldn't tell him about the Phoenix then he's not worth it." Mom says. Mia smiles and nods. "So did Olly inform you about the upcoming dance for the 8th graders? Izzy was talking about it yesterday." Mia asks me. "Yea we are going together and we already have our costumes picked." I say. "What are you going as?" Dad asks me. "Princess Leia. Olly's gonna be Han Solo." I say. "That's good at least you two thought of something." Mom says. "Yea. I'm gonna head to bed." I say. They all say goodnight and I text Olly before falling asleep.

The next morning I wake up to mom gently shaking me awake. "Hey, Matty needs us at the Phoenix you don't have to come but I just thought I would see if you wanted to. The mission she has for us is urgent and volunteer only." She says in a whisper trying not to wake Jack Jack. "Of course I'll go." I say getting up and dressed. We leave the house and I look at the time realizing it's only 2:30 in the morning. I'm not overly tired but I did fall asleep on the way there. We meet up in the war room and I see that Olly came too. "Thank you all for coming. This mission is going to require almost all of you to be in the field. This morning at midnight I got a phone call from the CIA asking us to handle this mission. Meet Louwski Marconi. Our intel tells us he's an arms dealer and that his warehouse is located in Canada. Now because this is technically another country's problem I can't make any of you go. However we suspect there is going to be a massive deal made this morning at 7 in a resort of an amusement park located close to Quebec. I would like at least one of the kids to go because this isn't exactly an adult hangout spot. I understand if you feel like they shouldn't go but frankly I think they are more than ready. With that being said I need to know just how many of you are going." Matty says. All of us raise our hands. "If you think it's worth the risk we'll go." I say. She smiles and finishes explaining details.