chapter two

Olivia

As we wandered into the principal's office, I noticed two officers standing in the back of the room. Fear crept into my brain. My mind. I felt a sweat growing on my brow. Like never before. I got nervous about stupid things. Going on dates with guys, meeting up with family I haven't seen in years and tests. Always tests.

As Ms Peters gestured for us to sit down a hand grabbed mine. I looked to my right and saw George holding my hand. His hand made me feel safe. He knew I was scared. Even though we barely talked when Charlie was around as soon as he left the conversations started to flow easier and easier every day. He was natural to be around and it felt right. George squeezed my hand and I pinched back to signal I am okay. He stared into my green eyes and mouthed 'it is okay, I'm here'. My heart started to beat out of my chest and sweat started to grow more furiously on my brow. 
After everyone had sat down, Ms Peters started to state,

"I gathered you here to tell you some regrettable news. Sophia Diaz was found dead yesterday afternoon by the police. I am so sorry for your loss, I knew she was a close friend of yours."

As her last words left her lips my mouth dropped. Then the tears started to flow out of my eyes. I was confused yet knew exactly what was happening. I broke the god awful silence with,

"Oh my God. I - I do not know what to say I -"

As it turned around I saw that Ashton had wrapped his arms around Erin and was whispering words into her ear to comfort her. I turned to George and hugged him so tightly. I did not know what else to do. He whispered in my redden ears,

"It's okay. We will be okay."

I let go of the god-like frame and turned to Luke who had tears brewing in his eyes. I got out of George's grasp and asked politely,

"Can we just go outside for a minute?"

Ms Peters nodded her head and I grabbed Luke's hand then practically dragged him out the room.

"Hey,"

I said gently holding his hands and staring into his piercing blue eyes. I haven't seen him like this since his mom passed in 7th grade. She died in a car crash and I remember that day so well. Mr Evan's taking him out and Luke didn't return till Monday morning. I found out first. My mom told me in the car and I couldn't believe it. I forced her to drive to Luke's house so I could go and just sit with him. In complete silence. No music. No conversations. Just company. That's all he wanted.

"I'm okay. Promise."

Luke said with tears dripping out of his orbs. I knew he was lying but I didn't want to push him. He raised his pinky and then our little fingers interlocked. We shared a small smile and he pushed the coffee-stained door to expose ourselves back into the realness of the situation.
While Luke and I sat back down sadness filled the atmosphere. Everyone had tears in their eyes, shockingly Ash did too. I didn't know that man could even cry. Alternatively, even form the chemicals to cause tears. Anyways, we sat in silence for minutes that felt like hours. The only thing that broke the silence was our sniffles and the sound of someone grabbing a tissue from the box.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may we ask you a few questions?" The taller yet broader police officer asked.

"So what. You think we killed her?" Ashton said with anger growing bigger and bigger in his throat.

"No. We just want to know who Sophia was as a person. Like was she social with strangers or did she just avoid people she didn't know?"

"I'm sorry. We just found out one of our best friends died and you think these questions are going to help. I CAN'T!" Ashton blurted out anger growing farther up his spine.