chapter thirteen

Luke

As I stormed out and passed my car I realised I wouldn't be able to drive because I had been drinking. I could hear Olivia screaming my name but I kept running faster and faster with Ashton by my side.

I didn't want to leave her but I cared too much about her. I couldn't let her go home and find her dead brother. I saw my dead mom after school and I couldn't deal with it then and I still can't deal with it now. She was hit by a drunk driver. I have no idea who the guy was but if I ever found out I would kill them. That's why I never wanted to find out because I knew it would haunt me for the rest of my life. I know myself too well. I would have gone to the guy's house and killed him myself. My mom was my rock. She was always there and to tell a kid that she wouldn't be there anymore is too hard. I had to learn how to fend for myself because my dad was always out of town flying around the globe. And his son was in their room writing songs about the girl down the street and his dead mom. How fun. My dad just thinks the songs about girls I have hooked up with. Yet none of my ex-girlfriends could ever compete with Olivia. My mom loved her and I think she knew she was the one for me. She always said we were cute together and looking back at our past I do agree. We have a very good love story. 

I knew Olivia and Erin would be pissed off but I needed to know if Charlie was okay. I had my crappy Fred costume on and it started falling apart. I felt bad because I knew Liv and Erin had put so much effort into them. But I had practically destroyed them. As I ran through the badly lit streets Ashton suddenly halted in front of me.  

"Luke we left them with alleged serial killers."

"SHIT!" I shouted while looking behind me. 

"You go. I'll stay." I stated while pointing in the direction of Ashton's house. He nodded and started jogging back to his house. I sprinted down the street and turned into Olivias drive. My heart was racing. I had no idea what I would actually do if I found Charlie there. What if he is dead? How do I tell Olivia your brother is dead? It will literally break her heart. I cared for her too much. 

I shook my nerves and took a deep breath in. You can do this Luke. I placed my hand on the cold, bronze handle and pushed it down. The door swung open slowly and I stepped in. I looked around the living room and saw no Charlie. I then shouted,

"CHARLIE! It's Luke!" 

Suddenly I heard a murmur coming from behind me. As I turned around I saw two figures dressed in all black. One was slightly taller than the other and both definitely looked like they could kill me. I couldn't see their faces but I could see a golden glint in the smaller one's eyes. By smaller, I mean like 6 foot. The taller one was the same height as me about 6 foot 2. These guys could throw me across a room easily. Panic grew in my veins and I knew they weren't here to ask me if I'm okay. 

My heart skipped a beat as I backed away from them. They kept coming closer and closer towards me and I hit the back of the couch. My heart was racing and all I could think about was dying. I thought I was going to die. I was going to get killed like my mom. Like Sophia. Like Liam. And maybe like Charlie. I would be the next victim. The two figures exchanged a look and at that moment I tried my chances. I sprinted towards the door. But before I could even grab the handle, a hand grabbed my arm and threw me to the ground. My head smashed on the Moore's blush walls. As I went to lean forward I grabbed the back of my head and felt it. There was crimson red blood coated all my fingers. Shit. In the same place where George got me before. I took a few deep breaths and stood up. I then said to the slightly taller figure, 

"What do you want from me!" They shared a snigger and exchanged another sinister look. 

"Luke the games are just beginning." What is that supposed to mean? Before I could question their ciphered messages, I had lost eyes on both of them. How can I lose eyes on potential murderers? I'm that stupid. Suddenly I felt a damp cloth shoved onto my face. Fuck. Chloroform. I'm going to die. My vision started to go blurry and breathing started to slow. My thoughts started to flicker to Olivia. I hope Ashton got there in time before George and Matthew did anything stupid. Before my eyes finally dropped shut I heard whispers in my ear saying,