chapter four

Matthew

First day of school in a small town, a really fun experience if you ask me. Not. I don't know any of these people yet, but my mom and dad insisted on moving back to their old town for my senior year. So I had to leave all my friendships and bonds so they could come back to their old ones from over 20 years ago. I bet all their so-called friends had forgotten about them. Ugh, I hate parents sometimes but it probably going to do me good. I have moved across state lines. Well, serval. We used to live in New York. I know right imagine leaving the Big Apple for a small town thousands of miles away. Strange if you ask me. I had been enrolled in Montara High for a week but didn't show up for half of it. Apparently, some girl got murdered so they just closed the high school for a week because no one was showing up. My dad works for the local sheriff now and he told me a lot about the case. Especially when it was meant to be classified. However, I don't really mind the more I know about this strange place the better I guess.

I got dressed for my first proper day at Montara High. I pulled on a basic black hoodie and a pair of baggy jeans. I grabbed a pair of Jordan's out of my boxes and tied them to my feet. I fluffed my chocolate brown hair and grabbed a monster from my mini-fridge in my room. Do I have a fridge dedicated to Monster? Yes. I know it is totally normal but it's my favourite drink. Especially the pink one. That one good. Then a small knock on my bedroom door and my mom emerged from behind the door. She walked in and said,

"Hey Matthew, Mr Anderson's son Luke will come to pick you up with his girlfriend Olivia I think."

"Oh okay, thanks Mom but I can get friends by myself," I said while rummaging through millions of boxes that held all of my life.

"I know but they are good kids. James said the should be here at around 10 past 7 okay."

I shrugged my shoulders and she closed the door behind her. Oh, God. I have to meet my mom and dad, a friends son and his girlfriend. It is lovely. I don't even know what they like. Who are their favourite band? I personally love Arctic Monkeys and 5 Seconds Of Summer. However, those are probably the most basic choices in this century. I checked my watch and nerves grew throughout my body. It will be okay Matthew. You had to make friends soon enough. I stared out my bay window and saw a charcoal black Jeep. A blonde girl and a brown-headed boy sat in the driver's seat. Shit. It's happening. I heard my Mom scream my name and ran downstairs so fast to make sure my new friends weren't waiting too long. Too soon, Matthew, these people might hate you.

"Bye Mom. Bye Dad I'll see you later."

I closed the door with a bang and strolled yet fat to the car. Oh, God. This is really happening. I opened the car door and took in a massive deep breath. You will be okay Matthew.

"Hey I'm Matthew Harris, I just moved here. Well, you already knew that haha." I said with a nervous laugh after. The boy turned around and said,

"Hey, I'm Luke Anderson and this is Olivia Moore. Welcome to Montara Bay."

"Oh yeah my Mom told me, you guys are dating right. Well, that's what she -"

"Woah we are just friends. Well, best friends." Olivia repeated after giving me and Luke frantic looks.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Not a great first impression haha" I replied. I really need to stop with these nervous laughs. They both probably think I'm so strange and we hadn't even left my drive yet. Great. They both looked like they were part of the popular clique at school. Yet they looked completely different. Olivia gave me a vibe of Sophie from Mamma Mia and Luke gave me a vibe that he would fit right into a mainstream band easily. Luke suddenly turned around and hinted

"Well, I agree, I think we would be a cute couple." That comment greeted him with a smack on his shoulder.

"Oh my God Luke. You are going to scare him away" Olivia muttered under her voice. Did she not understand I had anyone else to go to? So I don't think I'll be leaving if they let me stay with them. But I'm not going to get ahead myself. As we pulled away from the only place I knew in Montara, Luke threw an AUX cord in the backseat and then explained,