chapter three

Luke

A couple of days had passed since Sophia had died. I just didn't feel right at all. Me and the rest of the friendship group had stayed off school for the rest of the week. I think none of us wanted to get out of bed and face the nosey teachers asking us questions about stuff I will never need in the future. I'm sorry, Miss Harrison when is algebra ever going to help me and my band become the next 5 Seconds Of Summer.

I have always wanted to be a musician. Music has always pumped through my veins. I started playing after my mom died. So the middle of 7th grade. It was always there for me. The notes, the strings and the bass. I always write a song when I don't know how to express myself. I'm not the type of guy who will sit down and talk about his emotions on the regular. Even though everyone thinks you are because you write gushy slow songs that make people cry daily. Well, I don't know because we aren't mainstream yet. Well, our song 'The girl from Mars' really popped off at the local radio station 'Montara Bay'. But that's probably because of our bassist Ryan. Well, his dad may or may not own the radio station but we got on the radio. So does that count as mainstream?

I got out of my pigsty looking bed and grabbed some clothes to throw on. I thought to myself I'm going to take Liv out for a day in San Francisco. She loved the city and I loved it too. I have performed their a couple of times with my band 'American Fools'. The crowds in San Fran are amazing. they are so loud and crazy. Just the right type of fans I want to watch me and my band. I want to perform in a big city. LA. London. Paris. Sydney. Beijing. That would be the dream. AMERICAN FOOLS in big flashing lights outside massive stadiums with thousands of fans screaming my name. Wow. But it's just a dream it could never become a reality.

I finally got into the shower and of course, there was no hot water. What a surprise. Of course, the 27-year-old who still lives with his mother needs to sing in the shower for half an hour. He is such a dick. I hate that guy with passion. Almost as much as Mr George Williams. Ugh, I don't know why I hate him so much. I think I'm just scared he is going to take my place as the best friend. That's my job man. Back off. As the icy water dripped down my spine, I heard that the witch had entered the house. Her loud heels stomping up the stairs. God, I can't deal with this bitch right now. I quickly jumped on and tied the towel around my waist. I tried to run past without intercepting her view but of course, her beady eyes spotted me and shouted,

"Lukey! Come and say hello to me and your father."

Oh shut up you psychotic woman. I walked over with my hair soaking wet. Is this woman delusional? I have literally just got out of the shower and she thinks I want to talk to her. However, if I don't my dad will have a go at me, so I replied

"Hey Elizabeth, Dad. I'm just getting ready to go to Liv's house if that's okay?"

Before she could say 'NO!' my dad cut her off and answered,

"You don't have to ask. After the week you kids have had you can do anything you want."

"Thanks, Dad."

"No problem kiddo, say hi to Mrs Moore for me."

"Will do."

As I walked out of the kitchen towards my bedroom, I started to hear Elizabeth murmur on about how I should spend more time with the family and how she feels like I hate her. Well, that's the first thing she has ever said that is the truth. Ha, the perks of living with a woman who thinks she can waltz into your life and act like a kid whose mom has just died will love the substitute.

I got dried and put on the clothes I had chosen earlier. I grabbed my keys for my Jeep, ran down the stairs and waved goodbye to my 'awesome' family. I bopped to a few songs on the drive to Liv's and when I pulled up there was a Lexus in the drive. Georges Lexus.