Interlude

Peter was enjoying his Saturday morning; he'd had a fun day with his Godfather the night before. His hangout with Hulk had been awesome. His patrol thus far was pretty easy with a few stolen moments just spent posing with and for tourists, petting a cute dog or two, and one single marriage proposal ('Pool had flagged him down to say hello since he was back in town). The weather was great for October in the City.

Pete was feeling good.

The biggest problem he was having right now involved a baby-faced menace named Miles who he'd met up with when the kid (who was not actually too much younger than Peter, but he was lording the age difference over Miles, as is his right as the elder Spider) messaged him on Twitter.

Settling on a rooftop near a park, Peter sent Miles a quick text inviting him to Avenger's Tower the next day. It was Halloween and the team was having a party. Peter was invited as both himself and Spider-Man, as was Aunt May and MJ plus anyone else he chose to bring as Spider-Man. If Peter's plans worked out, he could get Miles in for a fitting for his very own suit and no one would be the wiser...

It was as he was about to swing away that he heard a shout from a small grove of trees and the thud of something heavy hitting the ground. Changing direction, he lands with a flip. His spider-sense is quiet so he steps closer, listening.

When nothing else happens, Pete steps into the small circle of trees, tripping over a fallen branch when he turns to leave. Picking it up and propping it against the nearest tree, Peter startles slightly as a small frog leaps directly at his face...

Once he's gone, Loki steps out of the shadows, grinning.

"Well isn't that interesting."

The god smirks, leaning next to Mjolnir where it sits against the tree. "I think this may turn out to be a bit more fun than I had planned..." With a quick gesture, Loki disappears and a small fox runs out of the park toward the Tower in the distance, leaving the branch leaning against the tree.