3

It was the afternoon of the next day. Jungkook was eating dry cereal since the milk was expired.

Picking at his food while sitting at the dining room table, Jungkook got a flash of remembrance about the day before. How some random person named Yoongi talked to him and left him with added confusion to the original emotions he felt. He was going to talk to him again, no matter what Jungkook wanted. Jungkook tried to shrug it off, but he couldn't. That day shined in his face like the sun and the idea of him trying to get him vulnerable was the stain left in his eyelids.

Jungkook kept trying to forget about it, but the more he tried the more he remembered. All the way down to the wasted tears he shed over what he regretted most. He could hear the TV playing it in the background, getting louder the longer he struggled to forget.

"I'm just wondering if you need help."

"I'm willing to wait for as long as it takes you. Even if it becomes years."

"I'll stop by tomorrow."

The moment he heard that, Jungkook heard a sound like a ticking clock. He paid it no mind until he saw something white grow from the corner of his eye. When he looked up, he saw it was the clock hung up on the wall, leaving Jungkook confused and anxious from the ticking and the time.

Jungkook watched it grow bigger, gaining the same consistency as a stress ball whenever it hit another object. The ticking got louder and louder the more it grew. It soon became an immense distraction from him figuring out his thoughts.

The clock from the living room was soon heard in the background and he could only assume it was growing larger too. The kitchen alarm started blaring right after it along with the heat, surrounding the area and echoing everywhere else.

All the noise made Jungkook stand up from the chair. His vision was blurry from the heat and he ended up bumping into the wall, despite trying to escape to another room.

The clock from the kitchen kept growing and the alarm lifted off the countertop. Jungkook decided to stay near the wall in fear of passing out from overheating and possibly hurting his head. He clung to the wall and took deep breaths, trying to calm down from everything that was growing in front of his eyes.

Then, the moment he blinked, the man was right in front of him. He no longer looked like a man, but a shadow, hiding everything in front of him. His eyes shined a dark crimson and mouth scowling.

"Don't trust Yoongi."

The man's voice grew like the clocks in the room. It made him scared, but with the mess of ticking in the background, Jungkook saw it as the most peaceful thing to focus on. His advice would at least help him in some way, though that thought came out of impulse.

"This house is the only safe spot you'll ever have."

"Your future is only in here. You chose this for yourself."

"He will never help you succeed like I do."

"If you trust him, you will be hurt some day."

"I helped you feel safe. I helped you have a home. I helped you in every area of your life."

"Your home will fall apart if you allow him to take you."

"Don't trust Yoongi."

Jungkook wanted to hide away, but he couldn't. The clocks were too loud for him to think properly and the man's voice echoing in the empty room were the only words he could remember.