8

"Why would I leave?"

Jungkook glanced back at the man, who had his arms crossed and one eyebrow raised. "There's better things you can do with your time."

"Well, I don't know about that. I like this place."

It was like a puff of air had pushed Jungkook back a bit, and he took his stance one leg in front of the other.

"It's nice. Solitude, nature. Man, wish I had gotten this spot." Yoongi chuckled, "You should come out and see."

"Only idiots go outside to get cuts and bruises."

It was an automatic response. Like a computer giving a warning about a virus.

"Well ouch. I guess you're right."

Jungkook got a sense of satisfaction before he realized Yoongi was teasing him. There was a presented frown after that.

"I'm thankful that you chose to talk to me." Yoongi told him, "That must've taken a lot of courage."

"That wasn't courage. It was anger."

"Both of them are in the family of strength."

The word 'strength' flew like a bullet hitting his eye then panging his heart.

He felt the man rise behind him.

"Your voice is really pretty."

Jungkook scrunched his nose. "Are you trying to flirt with me?"

He heard Yoongi laugh. "No. I'm saying that to ignore my envy."

Jungkook couldn't find himself to say anything. He kept turning back to the man, who didn't look happy at all.

"You've made a huge mistake." The man spat under his breath.

Jungkook felt as if his whole body dropped into the ocean. It may have been real since what Yoongi said afterwards was tuned out.

One step he was to giving up. That deadly silence reminded him of that. But which direction was it? Maybe he was already there. Jungkook wouldn't know. It looked like everything else he had already passed.

"Before I go," Yoongi began, "This may not help, but I just want you to know that safety is hard to gain without self worth and understanding. And if you say you're safe in this house, I won't believe you, because I can tell your worth is rooted from other people. And that's never safe."

"...Please be careful, Jungkook."

Silence came after that. Yoongi must've left.

Jungkook placed a hand on the door and rested his forehead against the cold surface. Please don't go.

"He never wants to see you again."

Jungkook's eyes widened as he separated from the door.

"At this moment he's making fun of you."

"He's laughing about how easy it is to control you."

"You should've just stayed silent."

Jungkook was speachless. A weight crept on him, snaching his back like a tiger.

He didn't want to stay. That was the last thing he wanted to do, but the world was too cruel for him to go back to. He didn't want to see that either.

Jungkook wanted that darkness. That peace. He wanted it forever.

"If you really want that moment back," The man started, "You have to die for it."