12

The next day came, and Jungkook didn't get out of bed.

His mind couldn't stop spiraling; walking down the halls for him. It felt as if Jungkook had taken control of where the man went. Or that the man was everywhere. He couldn't tell, and he couldn't leave to see, as if he was taped to his bed.

Jungkook couldn't tell if this was lack of motivation or being packed with laziness.

His body was so thin at that point that it looked as if one push-up could give him a fractured arm. He began shaking every time he moved, either out of fear or out of hunger. Again, Jungkook didn't know.

If he even stood up, Jungkook thought that would cause him to burst into tears and he would fall down again.

Soon enough, Jungkook could hear some knocks from the door. Each one knocked on his heart, and he was filled with confusion. He couldn't remember if he had ever felt this way before.

Then, a wave of a memory came, and Jungkook sat up.

Heat.

Ticking.

Don't understand what's going to happen.

Used to be in the same place as you...

"I'm guessing this is another quiet day for you. Are you alright...?"

Jungkook stood up from his bed. For a moment, he was unsure if his legs were stable, but when seeing they were fine, he began walking into the hall.

It was silent as Jungkook went past the dark side of the hallway and into the lighter side.

It was silent as Jungkook walked down the stairs and around the fallen photo he still hadn't touched.

It was silent when Jungkook got to the door.

He stared at the door again. He imagined staring down the person on the other side. Something came out of that which Jungkook called confidence.

"Tell me."

"What?"

Jungkook paused, feeling that confidence stride away from him. "You said you were in the same situation as I am. You said that I wouldn't understand what's going to happen. What's going to happen?"

There was silence.

Jungkook waited like an alarm.

Yoongi didn't answer, and Jungkook's impatience was too ignorant to imagine him ever leaving.

"There's a difference between saying and telling, Yoongi," Jungkook pointed out, "In my opinion, you've been saying too much."

The silence continued, but something new was in the air. Even the world seemed to be still, waiting for something while processing everything else. It made Jungkook consider coughing up an emotion in order to get an answer of some kind.

"In that case, the other person inside must be saying too much as well."

Jungkook sighed. "Yoongi. Please just answer my question."

"That is...?"

It took everything in Jungkook to keep a steady voice. "What's going to happen to me?"

By then, the silence was more like a frozen moment of time. Nothing went on until it did. A cause waiting for the affect.

The only thing to remind Jungkook that the world was still spinning was the TV that played a faint memory behind him. He could feel his interest get distracted by it, but Jungkook forced his stance to not run away.

"It depends," Yoongi began. "On how much you want to leave."

"STOP SPEAKING IN RIDDLES."

The walls trembled as if there was an earthquake. A vibrant red pushed itself onto his eyes before vanishing as soon as it came. There was a glitch in the TV.

Jungkook was left angry, dazed, and confused.

He just wanted it to be over.

But how could he end what he didn't know?

Jungkook persisted, feeling comfortable speaking through the anger tugging his mind that he had hid for so long, only taking small pieces of it like undoing a puzzle.

"How can your words be advice to me if I don't even know what they mean?" He shouted, trying to keep his voice down in fear of his house collapsing in on itself.

"Why can't you just admit to things, Min Yoongi? W-Why can't you just tell me what's going on instead of saying useless words that only keep me spinning in circles?"

His anger seethed at the tremble his voice made; the break in what was supposed to be considered strength.

"What a pathetic use of strength."

The man's voice behind him only further inspired Jungkook to speak. His hands became fists.

"How can someone wrong help someone who's locked inside a house that's messing me up?"

Despite his passion, Jungkook was never someone who could keep his anger for a long time.

He wanted to cry and fall apart, but to him, there was no reason to. He wasn't happy, but he didn't cry because of his emotions. People should cry because of what happens to them, but nothing happened to him, so why does he desperately want to cry?

Jungkook was left in a noisy quiet as he tried to pick himself up again, not caring to investigate each piece because... glass is see through.

"One more riddle, and then I'll begin talking in your view of normal."

Jungkook listened.

"Your home isn't the one to blame. It's the things inside."