9

TW: this chapter contains some self-harm. Please be cautious while reading this or skip if you prefer.

Glass shards were everywhere.

They trapped him. He was surrounded by broken parts of his reflection, the biggest one shaking in his hand, shivering from the cold of his hand and the warmth of the rose red falling down it.

The white rose was painted red, but was incomplete.

A cut on his arm bled around it. It hurt, but the darkness hushed it, thanking it for its service.

Jungkook was in the arms of the darkness for a little while until it faded out, once again leaving him right when he was about to close his eyes like a hypnotist snapping people out of their manipulation.

He stood in the bathroom. The word hidden behind the now shattered mirror stared right at his face.

'Nothing' was written in bold black ink.

This wasn't done on purpose. The red didn't drop in greed of change. A couple moments ago Jungkook was in his room like any other day, until the floor started sinking to black; the one that turned his hand to bone.

He went into the hallway only for it to start chasing after him, the floor dropping right behind him. Jungkook tried to run down the stairs but the man blocked them, so the only sanctuary he could find was in the bathroom.

Then, once Jungkook looked at the mirror, it shattered in an instant.

The darkness began tempting him after that, the cool air hitting his back to assure him it was the only way. He didn't want to say no. It was too hard.

Now it was gone. Now Jungkook was left with a cut on his arm bleeding regret and a shard of the mirror in his hand to make him admit what he had done.

The knocking of the door made him drop the shard onto the floor. It clinked against the white tile.

Yoongi... Yoongi! He'll understand.

Jungkook stepped out of the bathroom, being careful about the shards of glass.

The hallway was back to normal. The void was gone.

He walked over to the stairs, trying to be fast but aware at the same time, but the man still stood in the exact same spot as before.

"You aren't telling Yoongi anything, understand?"

"Hello? Jungkook?"

A made up clash hit Jungkook's head. The lights then flashed. Jungkook looked behind him, seeing nothing out of the ordinary.

"But Yoongi wants to help me, right?"

Jungkook flinched when he realized the mistake in his question.

"He wants to take you, Jungkook." The man corrected, "Away from me. And when you're away from me, you're in trouble."

"I won't tell him. I promise."

The man stood still for a few seconds before walking to the side. The stairs came into view like the opening of a curtain.

Jungkook made his way down each step, trying to get some time to figure out what to do. Or, more specifically, what to say.

"You're not going to stop talking to me, are you?" Yoongi asked.

Jungkook was almost at the bottom of the staircase.

"You did so well before."

Then he froze.

"Jungkook." The man's voice warned him from behind his back.