Chapter 2: A Fresh Start in Inkopolis! New Species? (Rewrite)

Hey everyone! Before you read this story I just wanna clear up some stuff on why this was rereleased. You see, I was gonna release chapter 3, but I kept looking back on the story and saw everything that I hated. No interaction, no chemistry, and the story felt rushed and incomplete. So, I decided to unpublush it and delete it. Sorry for the wait. But other than that, I hope you enjoy this new version of the story.

Couple hours past since the defeat of Tartar, Agent 8, 3, Pearl, Marina, and Cap'n Cuttlefish agreed to never speak of this again. Cap'n Cuttlefish also decided to do something special for Pearl and Marina: Make them official Members of the New Squidbeak Splatoon as Agents 5 and 6. But here's the catch; no one can reveal their identity to anyone. It took a little while, but Pearl and Marina agreed to these conditions.

A few hours later...

Agent 8 and Agent 3 were coming from the deepsea metro to the back of Inkopolis. Agent 8 was still in her normal outfit, while Agent 3 was in her casual attire, green hoodie, studio headphones, regular battle shorts, and black trainers. She agreed to introduce Eight to Inkopolis Square for the first time while talking to Pearl, Marina, and Cap'n Cuttlefish. She walked up to Eight, who was behind the fence that led to the deapsea metro and out to Inkopolis Square.

"Wow..." Said Eight as she peaked over the fence. "There it is...!"

"Yep, and it's much better once you go out there." Agent 3 replied . But Eight was a little nervous.

"What if they don't like me, once I'm they know I'm an Octoling?" Eight said.

"Don't worry, Cap'n Cuttlefish has plans to build a bridge of peace between the Inklings and Octolings." 3 clarified.

Eight looked at Three, then back at the Square. She took a deep breath, and walked out to find that it was unlike anything Eight has seen in years. As she walked around the square, Inklings, along with some Octolings welcomed her. She looked over and saw so many things around her, the Gallaria for trying on new gear, Grizzco industries for getting rewards by working Salmon Run shifts, The Shoal for private battles, Crusty Sean's food truck, Off the Hook's news studio, and of course, The Deca Tower, the place to battle other Inklings and Octolings in a game of Turf War.

Eight has read something about Turf Wars in the Inkopolis Walker. So she was interested in trying it out. But before she could head towards the tower, Agent 3 stopped her and wanted to do something nice for her.

"Hey, before you go to the tower, you need some fresh gear?" Agent 3 asked.

"But doesn't these turf wars let you wear any kind of gear?" Eight replied. She's right, since even if you get into Inkopolis Square, you need gear to boost your stats in Battle. Agent 3 just smiled.

"I just though I could do something nice for you since...y'know." Agent 3 said while referring to the time Eight and Cuttlefish were almost blended into Sanatized goop.

By now, after every near death experience by tests, telephones, blenders, you would think that Eight would have PTSD for life. But she wanted to move forward, make new memories, start a new life, leave her old life behind. Everything that she was before was buried in the depths of her mind. Eight paid no attention to the awful memories serving under the command of DJ Octavio and focused on what would be considered a fresh start for her, and many others who came to Inkopolis.

"Yeah..." Eight replied. "But don't I also need to be level 4 to be in shops? (Level 2 for weapons)"

"I'll try to see what can find that would suit you." Agent 3 replied. "Until then, you can wait at the tower."

Agent 3 went into the shirt store "Ye olde clothe shoppe" to find some clothes for Eight while Eight was already walking towards the Deca Tower with its music blaring from the speakers inside with its screens showing today's stages.