"Friend"?

Asahi is a japanese boy who lives in korea because of his father's job. He is living in korea since he was like 6 years old so it does not feel like a foreign country to him. With his family and few friends korea is a home for him.

Asahi has a crush on his best friend jaehyuk since like forever now but has not even spoke a word about it to anyone. Jaehyuk is asahi's first friend and surprisingly his first love. Asahi is not an expressive person so no one in the whole planet knows about his feelings towards his "best friend" except for a creature named doyoung who is his little brother.

Doyoung is asahi's father's friend's son. He lives with asahi's family because his father is a soilder and he lost his mother at a young age. Asahi's family thinks doyoung as their own and doyoung also loves his family.

Jaehyuk was popular in his school and had many girls crazy over him. He was very sweet and caring person so everyone easily fell for him. Him on the other side had feelings for a certain someone and unfortunately it was not asahi. He likes Kim Hyena. A girl in their class.

Asahi was the first person jaehyuk told about his feelings for hyena. Asahi was the last person he should have told but unaware of his best friend's feelings he just couldn't hide anything from him.

Asahi would always spend his day at school sneak peeking jaehyuk only to get the sight of him looking at hyena.
Although jaehyuk was head over heels for hyena he would always be there with asahi spending time with him. The more thoughtful and caring jaehyuk behaved the deeper asahi fell for him.

( At School )

It was lunch break and everyone were rushing to canteen. Asahi was also heading towards it but rather calmly.
Jaehyuk had told him that he had some work so asahi was alone in the canteen. He grabbed a plate and sat on table at the corner.
Later, he was joined by doyoung and haruto who was doyoung's friend.

"Hyung why are you alone today?" Doyoung asked as if demanding where jaehyuk was.

"He said he has some work" asahi answered calmly feeding himself.

"Why would he be suddenly busy?" Doyoung scoffed getting a glare from asahi.

Doyoung was a kind and sweet boy but he could never bring himself to be good or like jaehyuk because he had seen his brother suffer because of him. Deep inside his heart he knew that it was not all jaehyuk's fault that asahi was having hard time because asahi kept his feelings to himself but he needed someone to blame.

"But why is the food today so bad. I mean it was never good but never this bad." Doyoung said looking at his plate.

"Yeah because they started serving healthy boiled food" haruto added stuffing his mouth with a disgusted face.

Doyoung and haruto then started to complain about the food in every aspect and how the cafe outside is so much better.

Asahi just listened to them until-
" Jaehyuk and Hyena should date each other. They would make such a great couple." a boy behind their table spoke.

"They will one day. Jaehyuk already likes her and I think hyena also likes him" another guy added.

"Exactly. But I'm so jealous of them." the first guy said.

Asahi could not bother to listen anymore so he stood up to dump his plate.

"Hyung, you aren't going without eating right?" haruto questioned.

" No ruto I am full" asahi said leaving the table.

Doyoung knew he had overheard the two guys conversation and let asahi leave without questioning him. He knew asahi needed some time alone.

Asahi headed the rooftop to be alone and get all thoughts off his mind. For asahi rooftop was his comfort place.

Asahi was about to open the door when-

"I love you too jaehyukie"

"Really!? Than will you be my girlfriend"

"Yes"

He pushed the door slightly and got the view of Jaehyuk and Hyena hugging each other. A huge smile plastered on Jaehyuk's face.

It was enough. Enough to break his heart into millions of pieces, enough to break him. He knew this was going to happen one day but that one day came too soon.