I missed you so..

Jaehyuk lays down in the couch of his living room blankly staring at the ceiling.

"Jaehyuk, what's wrong?" His mom questions softly as she sits next to her son on the couch.

Jaehyuk breaks the eye contact with the ceiling and looks over at his mom and moves himself just enough that to place his head on his mother's lap. She gently strokes through her son's hair.

"Although you got a girlfriend you awfully look sad jae, didn't you say she was your crush?"

"I'm not sad mom."

"I don't know maybe just not as cheerful as before."

"I'm fine."

"Is asahi doing alright?"

Hearing asahi's name jaehyuk again feels a tug in his heart.

"Yeah maybe."

"What do you mean maybe, did you hear me right I'm asking about asahi."

"Actually, ever since I got with hyena I haven't really spent time with sahi."

"Are you ignoring asahi now that you have a girlfriend??"

"No mom you know I can't do that, asahi means a lot to me but.."

"But?"

"But I feel like he is ignoring me.."jaehyuk stopped mid sentence not knowing how to best convey his feelings.

"What?"

"Today, I actually asked if he wanted to go to the arcade but he said he had plans. And other days too things like this happen and I don't even know what to do."

"Aigoo my jae, maybe he's keeping his distance now that you're dating. You know considering asahi, he might be having such thoughts."

Jaehyuk gets up and turns to his mom with the realization. Yes jaehyuk knows more than anyone how much asahi overthinks so this might be actually true.

"Mom, I think I need to go meet asahi now."

"Now? It's already late, you can talk tomorrow."

But it was very late to stop jaehyuk. By the time his mom could finish her sentence jaehyuk was already putting on his shoes.

"Bye mom"

Without even waiting for his mother's reply he was already on a run. And before he could even decide what he wants to talk about with asahi, he found himself in front of asahi's door.

Jaehyuk takes a long breath before ringing the bell.

"Hi, sahiya."

"Jaehyuka, why are you here? I mean at this time."

"I missed you so."

"What?"

"Noo, we haven't got chance to hangout you know in a very long time."

"So, you wanna hangout now?"

"Why? You don't want to?"

"No, it's not like that come in."

"Finally,  I thought you wouldn't let me in."

Asahi's shocked serious expression finally relaxed and he laughed.

Asahi wasn't sure how to react, he just walked back to the kitchen counter and resumed his dinner preparations. Usually if this was in the past having jaehyuk over at his house would be very joyful, but since the situations have changed asahi is rather nervous. All the efforts he put on not thinking of this one guy and that same guy decides to pop up right in front of him. How ironic.

"You're making tofu stew?"

"Umm, mom dad might not be home today and doyoung is also out with his friends so it's just me so I thought tofu stew would be the best."

Jaehyuk just nods with a smile as he looks at asahi who is occupied by the stew.

"By the way, what are you actually here for?"

"Woahhh, it's very sad. You don't believe that I came because I missed you." Jaehyuk replied with a silly pout.

Tsk. Asahi let out a single laugh.

"Yess, I don't. Specially coming from a guy who has a girlfriend."

"Girlfriend.. actually I also had kinda like a fight with hyena."

"Fight? Why?"

"She just thought I wasn't serious with her."

Asahi felt really bad for feeling good hearing this.

"Are you...?"

"I.... I don't know. I don't even think she is serious."

"Heh?" Asahi has a questioning look on his face.

"You know, we said we're dating but whenever we go on a date all she cares about is the instagram pictures. She won't even talk to me properly and is on her phone all the time."

"Oh" asahi simply replied not knowing any better thing to say.

"I know I'm a jerk saying this but she is nothing like what I thought, maybe she was better off just as a silly crush."

Asahi was strangely relieved.

"Did you have dinner?" Asahi questioned on his attempt to change the subject.

"Not yet"

"Join me then." Asahi said pointing at the pot on the stove that he just turned off.

"Really?"

"Umm. Help me take this to the table"

"Ok, I will do that." Jaehyuk said in a military army tone making both of them laugh.

The awkwardly strange aura that wrapped the two best friends was now gone. Jaehyuk finally felt happy after quite a few days, and so did asahi. Both started enjoying their meal with non stop talking like they hadn't in a while.

"What are you doing here?" Both of them looked back at the door where the commanding voice came.

A/n: How do you like the story so far? I hope y'all are enjoying it♡