A tragedy

Zayn's pov 

I was sat downstairs on my laptop when I heard the shots ring out. Nobody had left apart form Harry so I got up and ran to the window. There was someone running away but Harry's car wasn't back. They were playing us. Or so I thought. 

"ZAYN!" I heard Roman scream from upstairs. I ran up the stairs jumping two at a time. I ran into their room and it was a sight I'd seen before. Niall was along Roman's chest. 

"He shot through the window!" He shouted. I looked at Niall. He was in a bad way. I could see at least four holes in his chest. I could see tears running down his face. "Zayn you have to help him!" I knelt down and checked his pulse. There was nothing. I took him off Roman's lap and helped Roman up. 

"He's gone bro" I felt Roman's weight in my arms. He cried into my shoulder. Repeating. "No, no, no, he's my best friend" I took him out the room and put him in my room. I shut the door ad left Niall's broken body alone on the cold floor. I picked up my phone. We knew this was coming. We knew we would lose people. But I didn't think it was Niall. I put my head in my hands as a tear ran down my face. This boy was like a brother to me and now he'd been taken. I rang Harry. 

Harry spoke first "Four of them were in the warehouse but I took care of it" I didn't answer. 

"Harry, we had a shooting." 

"W-what?" He asked. "Is everyone ok?" 

"Niall go hit" 

I heard hi voice go as he asked. "Yeah but you can fix him right? You must be able to help him."

"Harry" I cut him off "He took four to the chest, he's gone" The line went dead. He ended the call. He always found it hard when we lost one of our own. Roman came down the stairs.

"Z-zayn? Will he have a proper funeral" He asked me.

"Yeah, once we can be safe we will give him a proper send off" he went back up the stairs happy with my answer. I didn't like that I had to make the phone calls. Next I called Liam.

"Zayn are you ok?" He asked "We heard the shots" 

"I'm fine Liam, we lost Niall" 

"W-what?" He asked. 

"He's gone. I'm sorry" I ended the call. I needed to grieve myself but we didn't have time. Someone else could pull of a hit any minute. I got all the boys in the front room. 

"Right the curtains stay closed and nobody goes near the windows. Do you all understand?" They all nodded looking down. Loosing Niall was a hit for us all. He was always so happy and never hurt anyone the whole time he was here. Roman stood at the end of the line. I wish Harry was here to help me but he wasn't so I had to do this alone. I walked over to him and gave him a hug. I whispered in his ear "God's gained another angel today, he is safe" Roman looked up at me and mouthed thank you. I let them all go and do their own thing. I had to find out who done this.

Liam's Pov

I couldn't believe it. Niall was gone. I called Louis down and he came down looking worried. 

"What is it?" 

I couldn't sugar coat it for him. "Niall's gone" He collapsed into my arms and I could see his chest going up and down. 

"There going to take us all out Li" I guided him to the floor taking his hand in mine. 

"Not on my watch Tommo, I will always protect you. Always." He calmed down a bit and went up to his room. I closed the curtains and told the others the news. They understood what had to be done.

Harry's pov

I got home and the house was quiet. I could only see Zayn. I came in and he hugged me straight away. When me and Zayn got here Niall was the first kid we got. The first kid we took responsibility for. I could see the pain in his eyes but we had to get this job done. It was 4-1 a minute and we needed to stay ahead. I made the decision and sent two full branches up to Liverpool. My best men. They took out 23 of the blues before coming home. 

It had been two weeks since Niall left this world. We knew we had to get the funeral sorted. We'd lost 4 other men since then. I had blood on my hands and hadn't seen Louis the whole time. I made sure his branch stayed in. I had to make a call. 

"Blue, we have a funeral coming up. I won't say the date but I expect you not to be there, nor any of your men. Let us say bye peacefully" 

"The same up here" We agreed on the day's of the funerals no shots will be taken. I hadn't seen Roman the whole time. He came to get food and that was it. He was hurting. I went into his room and he was sat on his bed. He was holding a photo of him and Niall. 

"Why did they take him Harry?" He asked me and I couldn't  answer him. "Now I'm living one life for the two of us." he said looking at the photo "I will sort this, I'm going to make you proud brother" He pulled the photo to his chest and I felt a tear fall down my cheek.