Realization: Chapter 3

"Hey Hajime, I'm so sorry you had to be paired with trash like me." I sighed. He looks down on himself way too much.

"Listen Nagito, you need to stop calling yourself that. It doesn't do anything and it makes me.....nevermind. Just don't do it again." He looked shocked.

"Sorry, Hajime. I'll be quiet..." Nagito sat on the ground and looked down at the floor.

"Nagito you really don't need to do that. Get up....here." I reached out my hand. I don't know why but I don't like seeing Nagito like this. I like when he's happy, and when he doesn't act like a psychopath. I don't like when he's sad or annoyed or rude.

          It shocked me when he grabbed my hand. We never made physical contact before, so I never realized how cold he was. I helped him stand and I also realized how skinny he was. I'm worried for him.

"Thank you, Hajime." Nagito said, which then broke my train of thought.

"Yeah...no problem." I feel odd around him. It must be uneasy-ness. He does make me uneasy at times. I should talk to him about the dance. "So, what're we gonna do? Should we ignore each other for the time being, or should we get our outfits from Monomi....?" I asked, looking at the ground.

"That's up to you, Hajime." Nagito said, taking a step closer. I took a step back.

          I don't want it to be up to me, that's why I asked you, Nagito. "Oh okay then, um, let's talk about," I paused thinking about a subject, "our plans for the dance." I asked, wondering if there was a right or wrong answer.

"Whatever you want." Nagito said with a smile.

          We then decided to talk about what we're going to wear. We only have one pair of clothing here, so what fancy outfit will anyone wear to the dance? We both discussed the topic and decided to ask Monomi.

"Hey Nagito, do you know where Monomi could be?" I asked. We were now both sitting at a table, in the hotel restaurant.

"She could be at the old hotel building. On the second card it says that's where the dance will take place." Nagito responded. I didn't even read the second card yet. I'll check it after we try and find Monomi.

          We both head out of the restaurant and go to the door of the old hotel building. I grab the door knob and turn it so the door opens. I look inside, with Nagito peeking above my shoulder, his chin resting on it. We both see Monomi trying to set up the decorations for the party. The place looks clean I will admit. I think Monomi noticed us because she immediately screeched and closed the door on our faces.

          When she pushed us out of the building with the force of the door, my head flew back and hit Nagito's head. Which resulted in me tripping down the stairs and falling on the ground, and now my head and my ass hurts. I looked over to see Nagito, who was also on the ground. He seemed fine though.

"Ow..." I groaned. I heard Nagito chuckle from beside me. "What are you laughing at?" I asked aggressively, while rubbing my forehead. That just made Nagito laugh even harder. Hearing him genuinely laugh, made my lip curl up. I smiled and started laughing as well.

          When we both finished laughing, I reached for his hand. He tilted his head in confusion, while I motioned for him to take my hand. He finally grabbed my hand and I stood up, helping him. We were still holding hands though. I was wondering when he would take his hand away, then I realized, if he has the chance to hold my hand, he's not gonna let it go. I pulled my hand away, or I tried to. My hand wouldn't move. We were still staring at each other, and I was looking at his eyes. His beautiful, smokey, gray eyes. And that's when it hit me. Nagito was that boy. He knows I'm transgender, but he doesn't care. Nagito was my first love. And I think he still is.