xi - will she or will she not?

chapter eleven,     will she or will she not?

           HE SAW HER DIE. And yet, she was sitting across the room from him with that look on her face – as if she knew something that he didn't. The bitterness overtook him and it almost made him feel weak. It was what he dreaded the most – to feel weak. And even if he knew that she was the only one who didn't know anything, she had that statement in her eyes:

           I am molded from a foreign stone and shaped by a wildfire. I am the shadows of the forests, the wails of the animals. I am a daughter of a strong mother. A man is my enemy. A man is my disease.

         Unlike him, she wasn't afraid of death and that, in his eyes, made her dangerous.

         And yet, he didn't understand how he saw her death. Centuries after centuries – he was an immortal being. The nature, the witches have turned away from him. And to see a vision—a vision that pierced right through his skull, making him gasp for air and feel so helpless. A vision, where she died in the bathtub, her eyes open at the back of her skull, her lips violet from the kiss of death.

         But there she was – across the room. Her burns were already healing in his sight. Almost see-through, her malnourished skin was as if marble in the warm lighting of the room. She was still as if death was between them.

         The journal from Ophelia's dream was already in the Salvatore's living room. The Bennett witch was already there to crack it open. All of them needed answers, but he was the desperate one.

    "How long will it take?" Klaus asked, impatient as always.

         "I do not even know what kind of magic is this," Bonnie scoffed. "All of you surrounding me is not helping me to focus." She raised her eyes to look at the variety of people in this living room. The Salvatore brothers and Elena were right beside Bonnie as well as Elijah was. Klaus was taking a stroll around the room over and over again. Jenna was at the back of the room, sitting. Ophelia was at the other side of the room, existing.

         Stefan nodded, considering her words: "We should give her the space. I'll take Ophelia to rest."

         "I think Ophelia and Klaus have to stay. If this holds anything related to them, they might be the key to opening it."

         Klaus stopped in his tracks, "You heard the witch. Move away," he nudged his head to the other room as if a sign for them to leave.

         "How about you don't order around in my house?" Damon took a step closer to the hybrid.

         The tension already snapped and it hadn't been even ten minutes since they were all in the living room. Ophelia closed her eyes, leaving her search for a momentary peace, and averted her eyes to her brother: "Let us avoid conflicts for just a while longer, dearest."