Commando App

"Okay guys, you have been trained for all kinds of missions. But you are about to enter a soul-sucking, confidence-crushing, apocalyptic environment," Davenport paused for dramatic effect. "High school. Adam, Bree, your glitch test results are fairly stable."

"Yes! I'm going to school!"

"I'm fairly stable!" Davenport shook his head.

"Now, Chase. I'm still concerned about your Commando App."

"Commando App?" Leo asked, "Put on some underpants. We're going to school." Y/n and Adam laugh as Chase's ears turn red.

"No, see, in the face of an imminent threat, Chase's Commando App kicks in and he becomes a brute force I like to call Spike. It's kinda like a fight-or-flight thing, except I took out the flight part, cause useless, and replaced it with a testosterone level of like a Tasmanian devil-wolverine-shark-lion hybrid that's mad." Y/n snorted.

"So you did all that, continuously call yourself a genius, and yet you still decided the best name was Commando App? Are you serious? And what kind of name is Spike?" Davenport just brushed her off. He didn't want his ego to get a well-deserved bruising.

"Don't worry, Mr. Davenport. I promise that Spike won't rear his ugly head." Chase was good at sounding reassuring.

"Oh, yeah? You mean like last Christmas when I made the mistake of giving Adam boxing gloves?"

"Ugh, I'm still coughing up tinsel."

"You know," Davenport shook his head, "letting Chase go to school isn't such a good idea. I can't risk Spike coming out."

"Oh come one, Mr. Sofa Man. Without Chase, we're incomplete. Besides, he's super smart. Just imagine hearing all the teachers talk about what a pleasure he is to have in class." Y/n begged. Davenport looked confused.

"Mr. Sofa Man?"

"Yeah. Isn't Davenport the name of a sofa line?" She looked around to see everyone look confused. Except for Chase, who slowly nodded.

"Big D, Chase has to come. With these guys plus Y/n, I'll finally get a prime spot in the cafeteria. Put on your coats because I'm about to ride your tail!"

"Don't worry. We'll make sure he stays out of trouble. Right, guys?"

"Yeah." Bree agreed with Adam, "It's one for all and all for one. Unless, of course, you guys make me look bad, in which case I am dropping you lame-os."

"Mr. Davenport, I can't miss school. This is the beginning of my academic achievements and career trajectory. I mean, the road to astronaut lawyer has to start somewhere." Y/n leaned over to Chase.

"Astronaut lawyer, Chase? Really? Are you gonna try to keep aliens out of prison for littering the solar system?" Chase stifled a laugh as Y/n spoke. "And come on. You're already a chiropractor in the Philippines." She softly elbowed him in the side and looked back at Davenport.

"Okay," Davenport said after being silent for a while. "But I better not get a call from the art teacher saying that Spike ripped out her larynx. Actually, she wouldn't be able to say anything, because Spike ripped out her lar- The point is, just keep him out of trouble."

"Hey, look what I found!" Adam got up from his hunched-over position with boxing gloves covering his hands. He started punching the air, getting into the zone. Y/n stepped back as Adam got closer, and he punched Chase in the stomach. He groaned and fell back on the floor. Adam ran to hide behind Bree.

"Look, I'm sorry, but if he's that close to the gloves, it's gonna happen.

***

"Okay, guys. That's Principal Perry." Leo pointed at a short woman with a red face and short hair to match. Y/n continued.