The Future Called

"Okay, your mission supplies are packed, the schematics have been uploaded into Chase's chip, and your transport is on the way." Davenport looked at Adam, Bree, Chase, and Y/n. They stood in their mission suits, ready to go. "Did I forget anything?"

"Nope, we'll just guess what the mission is." Bree deadpanned. Y/n raised her hand.

"I'll go first. I think we're finally gonna fight that polar bear."

"What do you mean 'finally?'" Chase asked.

"Oh, so you're telling me Adam has super strength for nothing?"

"Wait, what do you mean 'that?' There's a specific polar bear?"

"Okay, no more guessing." Davenport interrupted the two, laughing nervously. "A particle collider is a three-mile long underground facility where scientists-"

"Race subatomic particles at each other at light speed for energy experiments." Chase giggled. "So cool!"

"I know!"

"Nerds." Y/n snickered.

"There's a particle collider in Berkeley that is accelerating out of control, and your mission is to shut it down. We have to act quickly. The scientists that operate the facility have already evacuated the control center, and if we don't shut it down in time, it'll create a massive black hole that will implode the entire planet."

Leo interjected the conversation, as he usually would.

"Today? That's not gonna work. Today's Shelly Evans' birthday, and her mom makes the best cupcakes. That woman doesn't skimp on the sprinkles."

"It's fine, Leo. We'll just reschedule the end of the world." Y/n smiled at her brother kindly, even though sarcasm dripped heavily from her words.

"Don't worry, Leo. You'll get your cupcakes. Adam, Bree, and Chase have all the training they need to shut down the collider." Leo gave his step dad an incredulous look.

"Wait, then why does Y/n get to go?"

"Because I'm the cooler Dooley," Y/n smirked, receiving a glare from Leo, a high five from Adam, and an eye roll with a small smile from Chase and Bree.

"Because she's training. She's going with them to help only when necessary. Other than that, she's simply an observer." Davenport corrected.

"What's the point of going on a mission if I only get to observe?"

"What if we need someone to hold a door open for us? Or someone to tell us how good we look while we work?"

"I swear, Chase. One of these days, I'm gonna-"

"Oh, you're gonna what?"

"I'll bite you."

"You'll what?"

"You heard me."

Y/n and Chase started bickering more. The others just ignored them, trying to wait it out.

"Ahhh!" A random voiced screamed in the lab. Everyone backed away from the noise in fear. Y/n jumped into CHase's arms as they all ran behind a table. Davenport peaked over.

"DOn't panic! It's probably just the cable guy." A man who was strapped into what seemed like a car seat unbuckled and took off his sunglasses. He stood up with an offended look.

"Come on, Big D. I just came from seven years in the future. Your time machine actually worked!" He stepped towards the group and they all took a step back. "It's me! It's Leo!"