Who Stayed? (Part 14)

Y/n's POV:

I woke up around 4 in the morning. When I opened my eyes, my aunt Mer was asleep next to me in bed. I carefully leaned over and grabbed my phone on the nightstand so that I didn't wake her up.

I was pretty sure that my aunts flight would be leaving in about a half hour, so I sent them a group text.

You: Hi, just wanted to tell you to get there safely and to let me know when you land. Miss you guys, love you 😘 ❤️

It was still pitch black outside. I was still pretty tired so I laid down to fall back asleep. As I laid down, my aunt sleepily opened her eyes, yawned, and rolled over to face me. I could tell that she was still exhausted. She faintly smiled at me and looked at me with so much love in her eyes.

She opened up her arms and waved me over towards her. She sleepily said, "come here" and smiled at me again.

Without saying a word, I snuggled into her and rested my head on her chest. She wrapped her arms around me. I felt so warm laying there with her and my eyelids felt so heavy as I slowly closed them. As a small smile came across my face, I gave my aunt a tight squeeze and then relaxed into a deep sleep. My aunt gave me a small tight squeeze as she closed her eyes and also fell asleep.

- - - - - - - - - - -    7:30 A.M.  - - - - - - - - - - - -

Uncle Derek woke us up. He slowly opened the door to the guest bedroom and said, "Morning pretty ladies. Time to get ready!" I hadn't realized that I woke up still snuggled up on my aunt and that we had slept like that up until now. He walked over and gently kissed both of us on the forehead.

Aunt Mer smiled back at him and said, "Good morning honey! We'll be out in a second to get ready." As he walked out towards the kitchen, she kissed the top of my head and slowly released from the embrace.

As she got out of the bed, she asked, "Did you sleep better?"

I said, "I did! Thanks for sleeping in here last night. It meant a lot, really." I smiled at her.

Meredith: "y/n, you don't have to thank me! Don't feel like you can't let people in because trust me when I say that we want to be here! You know, your aunts and I and other people at the hospital want to be here!"

Y/n: "Thanks auntie Mer, I'm gonna get ready and then we can go. You and I are still watching Alex's surgery today right?"

Meredith: "Yes we are but it's not until 11 and I have some stuff that I need to get done when we get there so do you mind hanging out with Bailey until his surgery starts?"

Y/n: "Nope, I like hanging out with Bailey."

Meredith: "Ok, good. You know, I'll tell you a little secret. When I met Bailey, everyone in this hospital was so intimidated by her, including me! The interns used to call her "The Nazi" so for her to be super close with you and take you under her wing is big."

Y/n: "Wow, I would never think that about her! I can't believe that they used to call her that, that's pretty funny." She laughed and walked out of the bedroom towards the kitchen.

I changed out of my pajamas and brushed my hair. I knew that I was going to eat something at the hospital because aunt Mer and uncle Derek don't really know how to cook a lot of food. I mean they don't really have a lot of time to learn how to cook with their jobs.