Chapter Eleven: Unravel

I can't think of anything to say... soo...

Warnings --->

WC: ~1100

Enjoy!

Impulse struggled against the bonds, trying to tear the ropes that held him in place. Electricity flew off him, sparks that caused people to jerk their hands away before trying again.

Impulse glared at the person in front of him, his yellow eyes glowing dangerously. He knew it was hopeless but... why not be annoying?

"Where did the other three go?" someone else asked, cracking a grin from Impulse.

He knew exactly what had happened.

And regretted nothing.

Hels, Grian, Iskall, Xay,

I'm sorry, but you all should all be back in the Nether.

"I think they escaped out a window or something," another scientist answered the first's question.

"This kid has been Missing for years," the man in front of him breathed. "Check the records, we should get the parents back in the picture."

Impulse flinched, and mumbled a 'please don't', barely heard by the man. He made a dismissive hand gesture, presumably canceling his previous command.

"Alright, fine," the guy agreed. "Anyone you'd like to see instead? We can make arrangements."

Two faces flashed in Impulse's head, and he glanced away, shaking his head 'no'.

Remember the protocols.

Remember the rules.

Don't let anyone you know see you.

Or it'll be too hard to turn back.

It's better if they think I'm dead anyways.

Impulse pushed away the memories, and focused on one of the many times they had been drilled on protocol for a scenario in which they somehow got stolen back.

"Sit down, you three," Hels grumbled, earning a sigh from Iskall.

"Lecture time, featuring 'Professor Hels'!" he said with mock excitement.

"This is important," Hels insisted. "Iskall and Impulse, you've already heard this one, but it wouldn't hurt to hear it again. Grian, you just joined, this lecture is crucial."

"He does LECTURES?" Grian shrieked.

"Yes, he'll drone on for hours," Impulse complained mockingly.

"Oh god," Grian's comment drew a sigh from Hels.

"If you three think you get lectured a lot," he snapped. "Then you'd do absolutely horribly in my place."

"Good for you," Iskall grumbled. "Can we get this over with?"

"Impulse, if you somehow get back to the Overworld, what do you do?" the question earned a groan from Iskall and a sigh from Impulse.

"This one doesn't make any sense!" Impulse cried. "We're never going to be back in the Overworld, why do we need to know what to do in an impossible situation?!"

"It's not impossible," Hels flared back. "Now answer the question!"

"Talk to no one," Impulse recited in a bored voice. "If you see someone you knew, avoid them at all costs. Stay away from people, but try and make your way to the nearest 'dropspot' where someone can help you."