SToL&B Aizawa Wakes Up

This is a bonus scene from A Spider's Tale of Love & Blood, from the chapter titled An Unfair Fate.

~~

Aizawa opened his eyes to a soft light and Recovery Girl's gentle hands on his face. "What-" She shushed him gently.

"Don't try to move just yet. I'm just changing..." she trailed off and inspected him closer. "How interesting. I was changing your bandages, but it appears you won't need any more."

"Huh?" He immediately flexed his hands and felt no pain. Recovery Girl made a noise when he sat up, but subsided when he showed no signs of injury. "I... don't hurt?"

She carefully handled his arms until it was apparent there was no residual damage or pain. "It seems you've had a helper, how strange. My quirk didn't do this, I'm sure of it. You still should have needed at least two weeks for these to come off."

A young nurse came in and drew up short at seeing Aizawa sitting up and talking. "Oh my, you healed quite fast, didn't you?"

"You don't have anyone on staff with a healing quirk, would you?" Recovery Girl inquired.

"No, ma'am, at least his chart doesn't list anyone else coming in other than... those two." She seemed caught between dislike and giddiness.

"Those two?" Aizawa questioned.

"Yes, another hero brought two villains to see you, but you were still unconcious." She sniffled, obviously disapproving. "Bringing villains to a hospital, as if we don't have enough work to do... anyway, the boy was cute, but his sister... ugh, now I know the meaning of the term 'if looks could kill'."

She left to get the doctor. "The Kurosawas came to see me?"

"Yes. And don't mind her, Kurosawa-sensei was perfectly behaved."

"I get the feeling she was taken with Young Kurosawa." 

Recovery Girl snorted. "He knows how to charm to decieve, that's for sure. One thing they said did make me curious though... he asked how long she thought it would take for her venom to heal you. But she didn't have enough time to do anything, I was here before they even came in."

"She has healed me before, I haven't had an issue with my quirk giving me dry eyes from the day she used her venom in them."

"Perhaps you should talk to her about it. I have the impression that she's rather grateful to you for your treatment of her and Kurosawa. Especially the boy, she'd never admit to it herself."

Aizawa looked down at his hand. She already knew how this day would go, she'd seen it. So why had they both come to visit anyway? Had she really used the healing venom on him again? But if she hadn't had enough time to bite him, wait, would her bites heal before he noticed with her healing venom? I should ask her... but I don't want to drive her away by being too direct, fuck I feel like a gradeschooler again.

He moved his hand to his chest, feeling his heart racing. Damn it, I am a grown ass man, I should not be crushing on a girl like a kid. And a villain at that! Though... is she anymore?