I Warned You. Shame You Didn't Listen

The moon is so bright tonight. I have to squint a bit to look up at it, the stars are completely blocked out I can't see anything else. I can hear a low hum, almost a buzz, but I don't know where it's coming from. The only other sound is my slow heartbeat, it's so quiet here. Where am I? How did I get here? I don't know, but the moon is so bright I don't want to look at anything else.

~~

Behind the glass, a figure crossed his arms. "Do we really need this boy, Master? That blonde one would have been better to kidnap."

"Be patient, Tomura Shigaraki," the voice rasped from the other side of a high backed chair. "While Katsuki Bakugo has an obvious temper, his pride would never allow him to become a villain. No, Izuku Midoriya is a much better choice."

Shigaraki remained silent, scratching his neck.

~~

"Midoriya's changed since he was captured by the League," Uraraka spoke softly to Tsu, watching him sitting alone at his lunch table, reading a book instead of eating.

"It took the pro heroes a week to track him down and get him back," Tsu responded, equally quiet. "What happened to him, you think?"

Iida sighed. "Mr. Aizawa has ordered us not to ask him about that. From the sounds of it, he wasn't physically hurt all that badly. Recovery Girl said his injuries were most likely from him trying to escape."

"He doesn't smile the way he used to," Todoroki hadn't touched his soba, "he almost seems... broken."

" OI, DEKU! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU, HUH? WHAT DID THE LEAGUE DO TO YOU?"

"I don't want to talk about it, please leave me alone." Midoriya turned another page of his book.

"YOU BARELY EAT, YOU BARELY SLEEP, I'VE SEEN YOU TRAINING IN THE COURTYARD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU?"

"I thought Mr. Aizawa told the class to leave me alone. Why don't you listen to him." When Bakugo refused, Midoriya got up and tried to leave.

"COME BACK HERE, YOU DAMN NERD! YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED ME." Bakugo grabbed his wrist, but Midoriya twisted free and backhanded him hard.

"When will you realize I'm not going to tell you, so STOP DEMANDING." Midoriya clenched his fist and stalked away, leaving his book behind.

"Did you see it?" Uraraka whispered to Tsu. "His eyes..."

"They were red."