⚘Chapter Six⚘

When I woke up, it was practically dark outside. Michael was gone and I was in the room alone. The last thing I remember, was Michael telling me not to apologize but in my heart, I felt like I needed to for all the time that went by and I never called him or anything. I felt bad that he had to be tied up in this situation and he's married.

I got up and ran me a warm shower. I looked in the mirror and I looked really bad. I looked like a train ran over me four times and my bones were feeling weak. I got undressed and hopped in, the water was just right for my body to feel like it has been bruised.

The only thing I could think about was how Amos  put me and his child out. How I tried to live him, only to get shut down. How I was there for his every need, only to get the worst feedback i have ever heard. The drinking provoked arguments and now he's cheating or been cheating. My baby Aurora crossed my mind and I haven't seen her in a while.

I felt ashamed to face my parents and Michael but I knew that I had to face them. I had to face the fact that, they are all I can really rely upon right now. I have already been faced with a lot, I missed work and I feel like I am definitely at my lowest.

After I washed my face, my hair and my body, I got out. I dried off real well and wrapped my hair up in a towel. I bent down to open my brief case and pulled out something comfortable. I put my hair up in a bun and got dressed. When I finished, I walked out the room and downstairs to the living room.

The first person I see is my mother in the kitchen cooking. "Hey mom." I said. She jumped and screamed.

"Oh my baby. She is awake!" She said as she walked up to me and gave me a hug. I had to swallow real hard because she was about to make tears fall down my face.

Then Jim comes in the room, with my baby in his arms. "Hey my sweet daughter!" He said as my mother pulled away from me and I turned to him.

"Hey Jim." I said as he gave me Aurora, my tears just fell and I cried to her. "Hey baby. Mommy is so sorry. Baby I'm so sorry. I love you so much!" I said to her as I kissed her and held her close. I rocked her in my arms and smelled her. She was sleeping and sicking her pacifier.

"Where did Michael go?" I asked sitting down at the table. "He left to get to his meetings and he did mention that he had the next week off. Did you want to stay with him baby. I think he going to like the company." My mother said.

"But he's married though mom. I don't want to invade and then I have Aurora--" she interrupted me.

"Hold up baby! You should have seen how he reacted when he was holding Aurora baby. He loves children and I could tell because if the love he has for you." She said.

"What do you mean by that, mom?" I asked.

"Baby, you know that you and Michael were peas in a pod. Me and Katherine talked all the time about you two. Ever since you guys were little and played with eachother. He has love for you and I seen it. That's why when we got to the hotel Jim asked him to come and get you." She said.

"Oh. He hasn't had any children?" I asked.

She turns and looks at me. "Baby, I don't think so. I think there's more to it. I just can't tell what is is." She said.

"Oh." I said looking down at Aurora.

"Yeah, but trust me baby. I think you should talk to Michael. But it's up to you. Maybe you guys can catch up and I am pretty sure that he would love company from Aurora too!" She said with a smile.

Michael

I was so slumped at work today. I made sure that I went ahead and did the meetings today. I didn't want to work on Monday and that was my week off. I didn't hear from Amber since yesterday but today she is supposed to stop by the house.

I just can't stand how she decided to get on birth control without me knowing. And then on top of that she tells me that she don't want any children like she said she wanted. I loved children so much I prayed everyday to have one.

When I laid my eyes on Aurora yesterday, she was so precious. She got the eyes just like her mother, lips, sweet face and gorgeous brown eyes. I nearly felt a closeness with her because she is my best friend's baby. And I love my best friend. I never forgot about her and it upset me how sad she looked. I never seen her that sad since her daddy and two brother passed. It hurt to see her in this bad situation that it had me thinking about a lot.

I wanted her and the baby to come and stay with me just until she got herself together. I even offered to buy her a house as well. But before I jumped, I did asked Mama Sasha but I didn't mention about the house yet. She said that she would talk to her when she wakes up.

After these meetings, I will be stopping by the house. Keyann meant the whole world plus some to me. And I will be after Amos ass because not loving your girlfriend and treating her right, was one thing. And owning up to your child is another thing. To top the strawberry cake, putting both your newborn and your girlfriend out of the house was a whole new level.

Three hours later..

After my meetings, I was pumped and ready for the week off. I got the advancement checks out for my employees and made sure that everyone got paid on the team. Expanding my company was a huge job and one day, I will share everything with the love of my life. Even if it's not Amber. We are married but something is telling me, in my guts that things are about to change.

I just can't picture right now when. After I finished up and closed up my huge office, I said see you later to everyone and got into the elevator. I called Amber and got her voice mail twice so, I said fuck it. I was heading to the KFC first, then head home to change into my street clothes. Eat and then go to Mama Sasha House for awhile..

Keyann

We were all sitting in the living room when I had got a drastic phone call.

"Hello." I said.

"Good evening, Ms Brown. This is Avery from the office." She said.

"Oh hey Avery, Happy Friday." I said. As she hesitated over the phone and I heard a small shuffle.

"Happy Saturday. I just wanted to call in to let you know that the company is about to shut down. And I had to come in today to let all the employees know that they were being laid off." She said.

I gasped and looked at the phone. "Oh my God avery are you serious. Why is the place shutting down?" I asked.

"Well Ms. Brown. Mr. Tate is retiring and his wife his sick with Cancer. They don't really know how long she will live. He just finalized the papers and gave out the checks. I could have the information mailed to you and your check direct deposit to your account." She said.

I held my head down. How in the fuck am I going to buy a home now for me and my baby?

"Okay. Direct Deposit and send the information through the mail but send the information to my Mother's address." I said as I gave her my Mother's address and then hung up the phone.

"What's wrong baby?" My mother said. I looked at her and she walked over to me and kneels in front of me. "Tell me right now baby." She said.

"Mom, they said the company was shutting down and everyone is getting laid off. So I am out of a job now." I said as busted Into tears again.

I'm crying yet again because I get treated so unfairly in my fucking relationship, the nigga leaves me after he gets me pregnant, then I had the baby with my mother by my side. He puts me out of the house with the baby too and now I lost the job. My favorite job that I loved so good, now I am forever lost. I'm not broke but I have no stability now for me or my baby.

****End Of Chapter***
-Dont forget to vote and comment