🥀Chapter Twelve🥀

Keyann

I cannot believe that Michael had asked me to go out with him tonight. I'm hella scared just a little bit because I hated the way Amber hit him like that and now bigger, his father made him marry Amber. And the hardest part for him is that he had no choice but to do it. I was upstairs in the bedroom, trying on a few outfits.

I couldn't seem to figure out what to where since I just finishedy shower and got my mom to pick up Aurora. She was excited but she declined going to the gathering at Havenhurst because she had some plans. So, Michael decided that it would just be me, Aurora and him, unless Amber decides to fake like she really wanted to go.

Michael was downstairs on the phone talking to his mom when I came upstairs. As far as I knew, Michael was trying to be himself but the looks that he gave me said otherwise and he wasn't himself. By me knowing Michael since we were small children, I knew when he was good and when he wasn't. He shields his feelings sometimes and once he's had enough it's like fire comes out of his ears when he's angry.

I finally find the outfit of my choice. A black dress with small spaghetti straps and my four inch heels. I never went out like this for Amos because we never chose date night as a regular couple. But this one hit different because it was Michael.

After I was ready, I went downstairs and peep at Michael looking in the mirror wearing his all black attire. His hair was curly with a few curls in the front, it had gotten long. I never forgot how he would out do it for some guys who really didn't take time for their look but Michael did it all and he looked hot to me. As he turned around, his jaw dropped, "Michael, flies will get inside there." I said as I giggled and he closed hos mouth. "Keyann, you look so beautiful." He said as he stands there with a shocked look on his face.

"Thanks Michael but I must say you look handsome yourself. Are you sure we are good? I mean you know how Amber might think?" I asked but he waved it off, "Amber is the least of the worry, I promise. I just want us to spend some time together and trust me this is good. Mama Sasha gave me a huge hug and she practically praised that you and my kitten was staying with me." He said and I laughed at the comment. He loved Aurora so much he had already come up with twenty nicknames for her. Kitten however was my favorite.

"Are you ready?" He asked me and I nodded. This reminded me so much of back in the day when we would leave straight from school and head to the cafe we loved so good. I glanced at Michael as a limo pulled up and we walked along the sidewalk. He never changed and I really deep down felt bad because I left him. I didn't mean to leave him, deep down, I just- thought that he was happy and he was indeed married. I just couldn't shake this part off of me, it felt like a curse.

We arrived at the Jurmet Restaurant, it was a very popular place but Michael had us a booth in the upstairs section. It was grand and it was beautiful. My eyes grew wide as the server spoke, "Good Evening, Mr, Jackson. I have your table already prepared. If you would so kindly follow me." He said as Michael nodded and he opened his hand for me to take. I took his warm hand as we followed the waiter upstairs to the private area. As we reached upstairs the site was beautiful but in the far corner we spot Amber, dressed to empress and she was having dinner with someone as Michael pauses. He seen the same thing I seen and his grip around my hand tightened, "Um Michael? Your hand is--" Before I can say anything to him, "She's here with Amos." He said. It was now my turned as I peeked around and seen my now ex-boyfriend, having dinner with her. "What?" I went to go towards the table but Michael pulled me back, "No! Don't!" He said as he turned me around, the fire that was deep inside my soul raged as I looked into Michael's eyes.

"Keyann, I feel the same way you feel but we can't let this ruin our special night, our booth is on the other side. Take deep breaths and let's move." He said as I swallowed whatever fucking pride I had and I took a deep breath, trying to blink my tears back at least.