Chapter 1

It all started this summer. It was a good 85 degrees today, so I was riding my mint green penny board. I live in Dallas Texas and it's usually 100 degrees in the summer, so today was a good day.
I don't live in a busy neighborhood, so I was riding in the street. I was daydreaming about stupid stuff like what me and my best friend, Kailey we're going to do tomorrow and what I would do later. Then I heard a car horn.
It was so loud I almost went deaf.
It was just my neighbor, Mrs.Linsky.
She was nagging at me like an angry grandparent. "Get out of the damn road!" She yelled at me with the window down.
"Sorry!" I screamed back.
I tried to turn, but instead I hit a rock and fell. I think I twisted my ankle because it hurt like hell after that.
I decided that was enough penny boarding for today, and headed home.
Walking up to my house, I noticed my moms car wasn't in the driveway. I knocked on the door. No answer. I took out my phone and turned off my alarm system and went inside. I walked by my brothers room and noticed they were both gone too. They must've went to the store.
I went into my room and plugged in my Christmas lights and checked my phone.
Mom: we went to the store. 12:05p.m
Me: Ok. 12:10p.m
After I texted my mom, I decided to call Kailey.
Kailey has been my best friend for 8 years. She has dirty blonde hair and green eyes.
I called and she answered almost immediately.
"Hi!"
"Hey. Why are you so
Happy?"
"I guess
I woke up on the
Right side of the bed
Today."
"When my mom comes
back do you want to come
Over?"
"Let me ask
My mom."
"Ok..."
"Yeah I did all my chores."
"Ok, I got to go."
"Bye."
I hung up. I was excited for her to come over. I decided to straighten up my room while waiting for my mom to come home. Then I heard a knock on my door. I took my time and walked to the door. I looked through the peep hole and saw a group of guys. "Oh crap. I better not get raped."
I opened the door and said hi and asked if they need something.
They introduced themselves.
"Hi, I'm Luke and this is Calum, Ashton, and Michael."
I was kind of confused why a group of guys were at my door, but I decided not to close the door in their faces.
"Um hi" I said back.
"We're moving in next door and we wanted to tell you that we're in a band and we practice here so it might be loud."
"Oh great" I thought.
"Okay..." I said weirded out.
Then Luke said Bye and they all waved and I closed the door.
After 30 minutes my mom was home with my brothers and started making dinner. Then Kailey showed up. Me and Kailey decided to go penny boarding, even though she didn't know how. When I get outside I see the boys garage open and they're getting ready for practice. I decided to go over there. Kailey followed, looking confused.
"Hi Luke, Michael, Ashton, and Calum" I said
"Hi um.." Michael said.
"Elaina. My names Elaina"
"Hi, Elaina" Ashton said with a big grin. He was adorable.
"Who's you're friend?" Luke asked.
"Oh! This is Kailey. Kailey this is Luke, that's Ashton, that's Michael, and thats Calum" I said point to them as I said their name.
I just remembered they were a band and decided to asked their name.
"We're 5 seconds of summer."