C h a p t e r - T h r e e: Treasure Me.

"So if I'm going to be honest, I didn't just come up here to kiss you." We had kissed more than once but had now seperated, Damon was looking around at all the different artifacts in Stefan's room, all these odd memories belonged to Stefan who was now buried next to Ronnie's grave far into the woods by a tree stump.

"Oh really?" I asked walking over to the oversized mirror in the corner of his overly capacious room.

"No I came to give you something," he put down the picture frame I had previously looked at and walked over to my vulnerable body. He retrieved something from his pocket, a small box with a white ribbon on it that Damon untied so magestically. I watched as it fluttered toward the ground, it reminded me of Ronnie and the feathers she used to reveal her deepest secret.

"You really didn't have to get me anything." I turned around and looked inside the small box which carried a stunning necklace. It was silver and on the front of it was an odd design but I had seen it before somewhere. Small dots were placed so carefully and short lines were drawn to connect to each dot.

I picked up the necklace and held it in my hands admiring the beauty and aroma of it. It smelt of roses and lavendar all in one and it melted my breath away.

"It's... it's.... beautiful," I stumbled over the words trying to choose one that perfectly described the locket, "Where did you get it?" I looked up and found my gaze landing on Damon's ocean like eyes.

"I found it here actually, I suppose Stefan was going to give it to you but well certain delays have come about so I figured I'd do the deed for him." I held up the necklace and he got the hint. He picked it up and just as I turned towards the mirror, he swung it around my neck clipping the back of it in place.

"Thank you, Damon." he hugged me from behind his hands finding their way down my bony arms and onto my tiny hips. My thoughts a blank night sky was suddenly filled with stars that twinkled so brightly with Damon beside me.

"We should probably go down there." I said just as Damon's lips were about to reach mine he stopped mid way.

"Yeah let's go birthday girl." his arms uraveled from around my body which left me feeling empty and vulnerable again.

"Can you give me a minute." He nodded and headed down the stairs.

I needed more than a minute in this room, I needed a lifetime. I didn't want to get over him this love we had it was tortuous without him being here to share it with me. It was selfish of me to kiss his brother just a couple hours after his body was found.

Why was i doing this, this isn't me this is not the girl I was a month ago. With Ronnie gone with everything just crumbling to pieces it seems I've lost my way, my place. Without them both there's no where else for me to go I've lost everyone that meant a damn thing to me.

Two seconds from deciding I wasn't going to leave I hear Stefan's voice in the back of my mind telling me that everything is going to be alright and that he will find his way back to me.

"Stefan I love you no matter what. I loved you for you and I am not giving up on you I will never give up no matter how many kisses Damon plants on my lips it will never be the equivalent of being with you, just sitting next you." I smiled as I spoke realizing that his journal had flipped through pages but there was no window no possible way for wind to have done such an act.

"Stefan are you here?" I walked over toward the journal on the page the same handwriting was displayed.

September 12

This is not a death sentence or even a death wish or an actaul entry but it's a goodbye. I've spent over six hundred years on this Earth and have killed more people than numbers can even reach. I'm ready to die and when I do I will be at peace I will be okay. I want my loved ones to mourn over my death, to cry but in time I wish for them to move on and realize the comforting words everyone tells themselves that I am in a better place now. I can't say that is exactly true but I'm okay with that. I met the love of my life and her name was Maybeline Ana Petrova. I say was because I met Elyssa Elena Mayson who in so many ways eased the guilt that seemed ceasless in my mind. She was special, they both were but it's time for me to let them go because life doesn't last forever but love certainly does. Love is something that never dies, it is always treasured no matter how badly you want to bury it away. I've done terrible things to the people I've loved. I killed my father, killed off my entire family and made my brother hate me for all of eternity. So if I die today, or in another century from now I am fine with that I lived my life to its fullest potential. All I ask is that Damon and Elyssa live their lives as I once had. They've found love together they both give eachother so much strength, so much passion that it is almost too dangerous, that it consumes them both. That's what love is it should hurt. I loved Elyssa and she loved me too and I don't wish for her to try and bury it away but to do the opposite, to treasure it as much as she possibly can. But even if she fails it will always be somewhere in her soul and I'm okay with that. I want my words on this Earth to mean something, even in death.

By the time I looked up tears had completely covered the entire page. Ink had smeared the stunning letters all down it. I picked up the journal with much care and kissed the page, my red lipstick leaving a unique stain on the writing. And then I put it back down and closed the book.

"I will always treasure it, Stefan I promise." And with the words open in the air I walked out with a grin spreading across the facade of my face. I let the music fill my ears and danced my heart out the entire night....

**AUTHOR'S NOTE**

Hello Everyone! I know this scene is very familiar in the TVD show, it basically follows the part in Season 3 Episode 1... Stefan had been gone with Klaus, and it was Elena's eighteenth birthday...

However the circumstances are different, Stefan is dead... which is sad but I think you all know what is coming soon... but then again  I hope you don't and I can maybe throw you off a bit!

I feel like I'm repeating myself but once again it is not my intentions to steal the work of the writers of TVD. I loved this scene so much, and it truly adds a lot to the baseline of Delena...

Gosh, it's hard to contain my excitement, I am very content with how this plot line turned out and I cannot wait for you guys to be able to read it!

xoxo,

Bree