C h a p t e r - T w e n t y T h r e e : L e t M e G o . . .

Elyssa

It was an unbearable site to watch but I was forced... the god damn drinking age was twenty one and I was nineteen... see how this may be an issue?

So I sat by the bar with Ric and stole some sips from his beer every once in a while. I had never been the jealous type, that is until Kat decided to look gorgeous in that exquisite ballgown, and well puberty did her well.

"Can we get this over with I can't sit here any longer." I whined to Ric who was talking to the bartender.

He gave me a quick nod and I headed off to find Liam, which wasn't very difficult. With much time spent in this house as a child I knew exactly where he spent most of his time... in his father's office.

I opened the french doors which looked into a modernly decorated office, white walls, and a black desk. Very little decor would have been found in this black and white room that's for sure. And that's where I spotted Liam and Matt in the two lounge chairs both sharing a bottle of whiskey.

"Sorry to ruin the party." I remarked. They both turned their heads and looked my from top to bottom. I was beautiful and I knew it, even more in this dress which showed off my hourglass body shape, "Mind sharing?" He pursed his lips and shook his head. In one moment I grabbed the bottle with the little glass bottle in hand filled with Stefan's blood.

You can do this. The only way to become a vampire. Die with vampire blood in your system. This was my chance.

I took a swig of the drink and splashed the vial of blood in my mouth. It was a bitter and rust taste but I forced it down anyways. And next was the painful part. I smashed the bottle right into my neck.

The pain was not even explainable.

I wiped out right away.

My whole life changed within a matter of twenty seconds.

Stefan

"Kat I smell blood, and..." There was a prominent sent in the air, one that I had become to know. "Elyssa... help me find her!" We sprinted off the dance floor and found ourselves in the foyer where many social gatherings had been taking place.

"Here." I said turning left. We both stopped for a second when he saw what had happened and once some strength was regained we ran to the scene.

"I- I- I don't know she just drank some red shit, and then took some whiskey... and then smashed the whole god damn bottle into her neck!" Matt exclaimed quickly. His brows were creased and stains of blood ruined his white under shirt.

"Did you call 911?" He nodded.

"Alright, I will take care of this okay?" I then did something stupid I grabbed Matt's leg and snapped it in half in a split second. He screamed, but mostly because of the anger. "You tell them you fell, understood?" I didn't wait for an answer instead I just ran out the backdoor where no one appeared to be gathered.

Once I made it home I layed Elyssa down on the couch. I didn't touch the glass that protruded from her neck. Whatever blood remained in her body I needed it to stay there.

The blood was irresistable, it trickled down her neck... it was glorious.

I was just a matter of waiting...

To take off the edge I grabbed a 1888 bottle of bourbon and drank it as I sat crisscrossed on the floor. I so badly wanted to leave her here, what she did... there wasn't an explanation to it. I wondered if she had been planning this all along or if it was just some kind of on the spot thought.

Whatever had happened I would find out soon enough.

Rapid tears began to fall from my tear ducts... was this my fault?