Chapter 28

Black-owned business of the day:
Black Girl Magic Wine
⚠️ FOR USERS 21 AND OLDER⚠️

Over time, McBride Sisters has grown into what is not only the largest Black-owned wine company in the United States but one of the most inclusive, accessible, socially aware, and sustainable.

These values show up not only in the wines they make but in all facets of their company. Their signature McBride Sisters Collection wines are direct reflections of the terroirs of their youth, with flavors designed for all palates. The fun, fab and eco-friendly SHE CAN collection and its related SHE CAN Professional Development Fund, are inspired by the endless pursuit of all women who are making their dreams a reality and breaking barriers daily. And the Black Girl Magic collection, Robin and Andrea's personal ode to their culture and story, is inspired by the magic and resilience of Black women, to be enjoyed by all.

Website: www.mcbridesisters.com

——————————

Serenity's POV

The tension at this table could be cut with a knife. No one said a word as we ate our food. All we could hear is chewing and Cassidy's teeth clashing with the fork.

She's such a messy eater. My mom has to teach her how to correctly place food in her mouth almost every day. She purposely does it because she knows that's one of my pet peeves.

"Can you PLEASE stop making your gums bleed with the fork? You're being mad annoying right now." Dominic finally snapped.

"Yes, sir"

She said with a flirty smile on her face. Dominic shivered, making me giggle. Her 'date' didn't even say anything, he was just vacuuming down his shrimp scampi.

Dominic would occasionally squeeze my thigh everything one of them did something dumb. We've been here for about fifteen minutes and he squeezed my thigh twelve times.

"Since the table is silent I'll take that as my opportunity to make an announcement"

We all just ignored her and continued eating. Whatever she was about to say isn't as important as my loaded mash potatoes and steak. She cleared her throat multiple times, trying to get our attention.

"I'm pregnant again"

My knife and fork dropped on the plate. Some steak went down the wrong tube, making me choke uncontrollably. Dominic started to harshly slap my back, for sure leaving a mark.

Pregnancy used to be special, Cassidy turned it into an extracurricular activity.

"You're what??? Who's the daddy???"

"You, stupid"

"You told me to pretend like I was the father of your last child to make Serenity mad. I didn't sign up for this"

I felt the table move, signaling that she most likely kicked the hell out of him. How desperate do you have to be to make a plan like that? It surprises me every day that we come from the same womb.

When she saw that no one was buying her whole pregnancy story she got back to eating. I can feel Dominic staring at me, waiting for me to give him the sign for us to go back home.

I was going to give him the sign but, the waiter came back to our table. I could hear Dominic sigh as he leaned back in his chair.

"Tonight we have the couples special where we put a bottle of wine, roses, and chocolate-covered strawberries in a beautifully decorated box. It's seventy-five dollars extra that will be added to your bill"