Chapter 30

Black-owned business of the day:
Camille Rose

After years of making products for her own family,
Camille Rose was born in 2011 and took off in 2012 with a product line of skincare products ranging from diaper rash cream to nursing mom cream. Each homemade creation held true to the Camille Rose company's mission to produce a line of high-end, gourmet, ingredient-inspired hair and body products that offer clean living beauty solutions to a sophisticated consumer base.

Website: Camillerose.com

—————————————-

Serenity's POV

It's been a week since I talked to Dominic. I've seen him around campus and he just walks straight past me. It's like we're strangers.

I've tried talking to him but he puts on his AirPods and walks away. Leaving me standing there with a sad look on my face. Saying I was embarrassed was an understatement.

All the nights we stayed up in my dorm and had deep conversations flashed through my head. The time he accidentally ate an eggshell in his breakfast he made for us. And most importantly, those times when he cuddled up to me when I was feeling down.

All of those times. I miss them all.

Today is the day of the presentation and I'm scared. True to his word, Isaiah didn't show up. As everyone shared their projects I could tell him not coming was for the better.

Our project looked like a first-grade painting contest compared to the other kids. He spent so much time flirting with me that he forgot his own name sometimes.

I finally admit to myself that I love him but, I ruined it. I let our friendship go over a partner who ended up being a colorist. I'm not surprised he's ignoring me to be honest.

"Serenity and Isaiah, you're up next." Ms. Trinity screamed for no reason.

His bitch ass not here.

"I'm sorry but...."

"I'll be her partner for today"

Dominic said as he walked down the stairs. I looked at him in awe as he gave her one of his white smiles. She instantly fell into his trap as she discreetly started to unbutton her blouse.

Dominic has that effect on people. I've almost asked him to rail me many times but, I had to hold back.

His charm is strong enough to make your parents get a divorce. That's why most of my aunts keep asking my grandma about him and the next time he's coming to visit.

"Are you in this class? I don't remember seeing a handsome man like you in any of my periods"

"I'm actually in your sixth period. I'm just coming in early to present because I won't be here later. I hope you don't mind"

"You already know I don't mind that. Just make sure you start sitting in front of the class from now on."

I wanted to rip her head off. She's hitting on my man even though he's not my man. I will find out where she leaves and shit on her front porch.

I watched Dominic as he presented a project he didn't practice for. He talked about everything Isiah and I was supposed to cover. I guess him eavesdropping on Isaiah and I was for the better. He knew my project more than I did.

Throughout the whole project Ms. Trinity was staring at Dominic. I'm pretty sure she didn't hear a word that came out of his mouth let alone what I was saying. It's a good thing for me though, I messed up so many times and I added in a few words that didn't even make sense.