Chapter 9

Black-owned business of the day:

ÉBÈNE APPAREL:

Ébène Apparel is a black woman-owned business dedicated to educating, motivating, and celebrating black people. Our goal is to empower people through love and positivity. We create products that give our people a voice without them having to speak.

Our name, Ébène Apparel comes from the French word for Ebony. We are based in New York, NY and all of our products are shipped from the USA. A majority of our suppliers are black-owned business owners so when you shop with us, you are supporting more than one black-owned business.

Website: www.ebeneapparel.com

———————

"Oh yes, right there"

I said as I layer back in my bed. Since I was stressed I decided to treat myself. If I don't do it then no one else will.

I was lying fully naked on my bed, enjoying the pleasure that was occurring. I felt all the weight of the world melt away once the motion started.

I was currently on my bed, enjoying my new back massager. It felt like the ones they have at the nail shop but better. My whole body vibrates from just a flick of a button.

The girls who made the sorority is supposed to be getting a callback today. I bought myself the massager because I've been stressing out about it lately.

When it comes to things I'm passionate about I go to extreme lengths for me to make it.

As I was about to fall asleep my phone started ringing. I saw a random number pop up on the screen. It took me a few seconds to realize that it was Dominic.

I declined his call and went about my business. He's been blowing up my phone lately and I'm over it. He knows he's in a situationship with Iyanna yet he keeps bothering me. He refused to come clean and tell me too. I already know the truth, I just eat him to tell me it himself.

It's the lying for no reason that upsets me.

Some guys don't really want you, they just want to disrupt your peace.

I see the way she acts around him and how possessive she gets. If he expects me to be on the side then he's wrong. I don't want to be run over by a bus over a dude that's clearly indecisive about what he wants.

As I was deep in thought a rapid knock was heard at the door. My body jumped as the knock continued to ring throughout my apartment. Now I see how my parents felt when I would accidentally slam the doors or knock on the door too hard.

When the knocking stopped I got off the bed. You damn right I didn't open the door upon request. They don't pay any bills in this house. I mean, neither do I but you don't see me trying to rip the door off its hinges.

No one was outside though. All I saw was the janitor that was mopping the wall since someone vomit all over it. I was going to close the door when I saw a pink box with a bow on the top sitting on the floor.

I kicked it to make sure it wasn't a bomb before I brought it inside. I took the bow off and opened the box. I held my breath in excitement as I saw it was an AKA starter pack.

It came with a green and pink shimmery AKA shirt with a green and pink striped shorts and a pair of slippers.