𝟳

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉ 

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉ 

          The wind blew fiercely on Trask, sweeping up strands of Myrah's hair that soon stuck to her face from the mist that flew up from the ocean. Her face contorted into an angry scowl, her fierceness matching that of the stormy sky as she crossed her arms over her chest, staring out at the vast body of water with Din and the child at her side. 

         "You seem to be enjoying yourself," Din spoke smugly as he followed Myrah's gaze out to the ocean.

        "Shut up, Tin-Can," she quickly quipped back, "you're lucky I don't push you in. This was your idea. Besides, where are we even going? There's nothing here."

        Din sighed, unwilling to admit that maybe he made the wrong decision. He especially wasn't about to tell her that she was right. He could only imagine how much it would inflate her already large ego. "It's just the fog," he shrugged, "makes it difficult to see."

         Myrah shook her head and looked back out at the ocean while the Quarren's worked on hitching up a fishing net. "There are better ways to do this, you know? I'm sure I could find another Jedi if you would just give me a chance," she sighed as she looked out at the waves that bumped against the ship.

          Din stood a bit straighter, pulling his shoulders back as his eyebrows became knitted together behind his helm. "You can do that?" he asked quietly.

           She hummed and looked at Din out of the corner of her eye. His helmet was turned to her, leaning near to provide his full attention. It made her smile though she tried to keep it hidden. She loved the welcoming presence he gave off and the familiar scent of pine that soon returned after a few rinses. "Yes," she shifted on her feet and closed her eyes for a moment, "we can feel each other sometimes. That is, if we focus hard enough. It's hard to find Jedi in these times, just as it is to find Mandalorians."

           "If there is so much in common," Din paused, reminding himself of the armorers words many months ago, "then why are they enemies?"

          Myrah took a deep breath and lowered her arms, resting her hands against the small bars that wrapped around the deck. "Many battles, fights, whatever you want to call it," she shrugged and opened her eyes again, staring into the Mandalorian's visor, "they got in the way. Not all of them were enemies, though. Some were quite close. Mandalorians have gone through many different beliefs and some just didn't work out. Once they believed in violence while Jedi were peacekeepers. Sometimes it was the other way around."

          Din let out a quiet breath, his hand twitching as it inched closer to Myrah's. They weren't all enemies. He certainly thought they got along fairly well. Maybe, he thought, maybe the two of them could be a demonstration of that. The boat started to slow and before he could think of anything to say out loud, the alien they spoke to in the Inn came to their side, holding a spear in his hand as he leaned against the fence.