𝟭𝟭

trying to get back into the groove of writing, it's been quite a while. I hope you enjoy this, I know I'm looking forward to what's to come!

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          I don't like to say that I hate people. Hate is a strong word and it's something Obi Wan would have frowned upon. It was certainly not part of the Jedi way, not that those rules applied to him when we were young. Still, part of me thinks he would be okay with me saying I hate Bo Katan. 

           She was always so smug, her chin lifted so she could look down at all of us. She made me furious, more than I think Tin Can ever has. Then she goes and mentions Ahsoka like it's nothing? Kriff, I swear, if I never see her again, I'll live a happy life. 

          Was Ahsoka even alive? Was she absolutely sure? We were never able to contact her. I remember the nights when they would argue about trying to reach out to her. Every attempt ended in failure. It was one dead end after another. Who's to say she's out there anymore? 

          I shut my eyes and kicked my feet up on the dash of the Crest, a little bit of sleep would do me some good, I think. It couldn't hurt, at least.

         "Hey," speaking of Mister Tin Can Man. He pushed my feet off the controls and shook his head, "you oughta know better than that. Keep an eye on the kid, will ya?"

           I opened one eye to look at him, eyeing him as suspiciously as I could while still trying to rest. He gestured with his head towards the cubby behind him. What could the kid possibly be doing? And why was he in a maintenance panel?

          Yeah, okay, sure, Din, that makes sense. Let the kid crawl around with a bunch of open wires, great idea. 

          "Forget it," He grumbled and pushed himself out of his seat, crouching in front of the small window. "Did you get the wire out? The red wire?" he asked him.

          They were ridiculous. The child tucked away, confused as ever with two wires in his little hands. Then, of course, Din, a big, scary Mandalorian, trying desperately to explain to the kid how to fix the ship. What a pair the two of them were. 

          "No, no. The red one. Show me the red wire. The red one," the kid slowly held up the wire and cooed, "yes, good," Din assured him with a smile to his voice. It was nice to know there were still things for him to smile about. He deserves that at the very least.

           I couldn't stop smiling at the two of them as I relaxed in my chair. My heart squeezed at the sight of it. It was an aching feeling, but warm. It was a bad feeling, this stupid, stupid man and the kid. 

          They made me want to stay. They felt like home. 

          A loud blast jolted me from my seat and I ran towards its direction, finding myself at Din's side once again. A thin stream of smoke floated out of the small window that the child originally crawled through. He dropped the wires and coughed, whining with big, pitiful eyes. 

           Din took a long, deep breath, "are you okay?" he asked the kid. He was so much calmer than when he was trying to give instructions; caring, even. "It was worth a shot," he sighed, cocking his head ever so slightly to the side, matching my eye-line. He never used to be one for eye contact, if that was what you could call this, but now he was almost insistent. 

          He was so serene here, like nothing could truly bother him. The kid and I were menaces to his life, I'm sure, but he didn't seem to mind too much. Right now, I would almost say he was happy here. I wanted to freeze this moment forever, live right here and now and never leave.