𝟭𝟬

yooo imagine me actually updating this story. just kidding, you don't have to imagine because it's here! sorry for taking like a year to update, I'm about to graduate college so I've been pretty busy. 

anyway, this is a pretty mid chapter, it's a lot of action but I threw some fluff in there for y'all and for myself. the rest of the story should be much better once I get into the roll of writing again! :)

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          "You're unbelievable," Din grumbled, his voice flustered and his face warm. His boots were heavy against the docks as he stomped along, abandoning his usual quiet, sneaky steps behind. 

          Myrah, on the other hand, only laughed at his confession and gripped his arm tighter, struggling to keep up with him. The two moved away from the small huts that sat against the docks and towards a large, oval-like ship at the port. She wore a bright smile, one brighter than the setting moon and the rising sun. Though she couldn't see it, the Mandalorian smiled, too. Lately, it seemed he couldn't help the twitching feeling in his lips whenever the Jedi was around. 

          "I didn't do anything wrong, you're just making a big deal out of nothing," she bumped her hip against his and let go of him, stepping to the side as they walked. She had a pep to her step and a mischievous look in her eyes. 

          "You told her we were married."

          Myrah gasped, eyes as wide as saucers while her hand flew to her chest in mock offense, "I did nothing of the sort," she exclaimed, "that Frog Lady asked if we were the Child's parents. In a way, we are."

          Din scoffed, crossing his arms over his beskar covered chest "We are not."

          "As much as you hate to admit it, you're attached to that little guy, Din," she almost purred. "You're like a father to him and -" she inhaled sharply, a grimace taking its place across her lips, "and I'm here for the ride."

          "You're here because you're one of them," he stopped and grabbed her hand firmly, whisking her around until they were standing chest to chest. People may have paid attention if they cared, but on Trask, no one batted an eye at anything strange, "you're helping him get to the others like you, right?"

          "Right," Myrah whispered, her eyes bouncing anywhere but the slit of glass of his helmet, "I've got to make sure he has proper training, duh. I wouldn't be here for any other reason."

          Din's touch turned gentle, tracing the edge of Myrah's leather glove with his thumb, dancing the line of touching her skin, but careful to never go that far, "you care about him too, don't you?"

           Her breath was ragged, trembling as she struggled to get her gaze to match his. She was stronger than this, is what she told herself. She had a mission to accomplish and that was it. 

          "I do," she whispered.

          "Right," he swallowed back the nerves that built in his throat, struggling to think about anything other than the warmth of her body and how badly he just wanted to fall into her, "well, then," he let go of her arm, letting it drop to her side, "let's go then. You can work your wizard magic up there."