𝟵

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

       ┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

        "Din," Myrah spoke in a quiet, sing-song voice. Her hand rested delicately on his shin, trying to shake him from his sleep, "it's time to get up. The sun is rising soon."

          A quiet groan rose from his chest before tapering off into a sigh. Perhaps, Myrah thought, she could just pull him out of the bed. It would be rather funny, but she didn't want to be on the other end of the blaster when he would be abruptly woken up. Better safe than sorry, she supposed. Although...

          "Din," she tried again, squeezing his leg tighter and shaking him just a bit rougher, "you need to wake up." For a moment, she felt bad about waking him when he was clearly comfortable. He never got much sleep and now he was able to savor it. She wondered if he snored. Would the helmet mask such a sound? Maybe he mumbled in his sleep and she couldn't hear it.

          She bet that he talked in his sleep. Thinking back on it, she could have sworn she heard him whisper when she was pulled so snug to his chest. A laugh rose to her lips as she thought, wondering if he was saying anything now. She couldn't bring herself to crawl in beside him, not anymore. It seemed that trust was broken for now.

          She couldn't possibly wake him up. He was much too peaceful at that moment, she couldn't disrupt that, she'd feel horrible. She almost felt even worse when her eyes scanned the weapons on the wall and landed on a small taser. A devious look flashed in her eyes as she made her way towards it.

          Myrah lifted the small weapon off its hooks and turned the dial down to its lowest setting. It was a miracle it survived the trip here. She sighed, small and disappointed with herself, before holding it out towards Din's un-expecting body. With a quick press of the button, strings emitting a pale blue light shot out and attached to Din's legs.

          Din let out a short shout as he shot up, knocking his helmet against the short ceiling above the bed and causing a quiet ring to echo through the ship. The short electric shock stopped almost as fast as it came, but the dizziness in his head didn't stop quite as fast. His gaze shot around the spinning ship until they landed on a wide-eyed, open-mouthed Myrah. Her eyebrows nearly met her hairline and if he weren't so angry, he would have found it hilarious.

          "Myrah," he growled with poison laced in his words.

          "Holy shit," she dropped the taser to the ground. She wasn't sure if she should rush to his side or run far, far away. Perhaps the latter was the safer option, "Din, I swear, I set it on the lowest setting!"

          "You shouldn't have used it in the first place!" he snapped and pulled himself to the edge of the cot.

          "Well," Myrah stuttered and took a small step away, "you weren't waking up, so I had no other choice! You know, in a way, it's kinda your fault."