First Game

Chapter 2

I had just finished my homework, knowing I had 2 hours before the game I grabbed my uniform and placed my clothes on the bed. Hopping in the shower.

I took my time seeing as I had 2 hours. I ended up getting out with an hour and 5 minutes to spare.

Since I was in no rush I watched an episode of a cooking show, once I finished that I put on my cleats and headed to the soccer field.

Landon met me halfway stopping me.

"I just wanted to wish you good luck!" I smiled, giving him a nod of appreciation before running onto the field.

We waited a while, letting the other team get ready and hyping ourselves up.

"This is our first ever game, AND WE GOT THIS!" I cheered.

"YEAH!" My teammates punched me on the arm as they jumped in the air with excitement. I smiled proudly we had this game in the bag.

Running out, I looked out into the crowd. I smiled at how many people had come.

After looking for a few seconds I spotted Landon waving his hand at me "You got this!" He shouted.

I gave him a thumbs up as Raf patted my back motioning me to join the huddle.

We talked game strategies. Our conversation only lasted a minute before me took our places.

I was the one starting infront of the ball against one of the girls from Mystic Falls High.

I looked to my side for a second to see a cute guy standing there. He had a stern look on his face but still managed to give me a small smile.

I furrowed my brows, focusing back on the ball waiting for the whistle to blow. And once it did without hesitating I kicked the ball out of her grasp.

My team ran up the field towards our goal trying to help me out.

I swerved out of the way from the opposing team. There wasn't much to work with as they all slowly moved towards me. I knew if I didnt pass now we'd lose the ball. So I looked around at my teammates imagining waht to go right and wrong in my head and calculating who was the best to pass to.

A second before a guy came to kick the ball out from under me I kicked it to Jed.

The guy looked baffled at my quick moved. I gave him a quick smirk before following my team up the hill.

Raf ended up making the goal and I cheered him on as we ran back to our places.

"You got this Jo!" Penelope cheered from the stands. I secretly wished it was my name she was cheering on. Probably because other than Landon she is a good friend of mine.

Her voice must've distracted me since Raf grabbed my arm "Lets go Mikaelson, no time to lump around you're team cap remember?!"

I shook my head and kicked the ball out from under the opposite team.

My team cheered my on as I ran down the field doing a quick back flip to mindlessly kick the ball towards someone I didnt get time to see.

Turned out it was Josie and she ended up scoring the goal for us.

"YOU GO BABE WOOO!" Penelope cheered.

I sighed, waiting for Josie to walk past me and once she did I grabbed her shoulder "Good job"

She nodded at me and patted my hand before running back to our field side.

A few rounds later we won, 2 points ahead from Mystic Falls. I ended up scoring 2 goals. Landon cheered loudly for me and I even saw the hot guy from Mystic Falls clapping for me.