My Bride To Be (End)

I had so much fun writing this.
You wanted long? Nah.
YOU GET EXTRA LONG AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

I simplified Firey's design a little bit, just to make it easier for myself to do the art and not get mad at it.

Leafy's POV

I sat there confused.
"Firey? Why are you laughing? What's so funny?" I said annoyed. Why would he..laugh at me?! What was so funny? He continued to laugh, before wiping his tears of laughter away, and pulled me close to him.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry!! It's just...you didn't even read the whole thing!! And everytime I try to tell you, you just cut me off! Here! Look!" He took the paper, and started reading it aloud.

"Ahem

"Ahem..listen baby..I wish you luck in your distance learning 20xx-20xx school year! If you ever want to transfer here on campus, send in a request and we will get back to you right away!!" He put the letter down, and looked at me, smiling. "I never wanted to leave you here alone. So..I placed a request to do college online. It'll be a bit more difficult, but I'll get through it!"

"But...why for me? Why are you doing this for me? I....I'm just holding you back!" He looked at me with those...gosh...his...loving eyes..and smiled. "Firey...you didn't have to do that...." He ignored me, instead pulling me in for another hug.

"My love..I don't like seeing you upset. And you are in no way holding me back. I made this decision myself, you didn't really impact it like you think. I don't want to leave my mom here alone either. I'm all shes got. And I love it here. I'd never leave on my own. I'd take my love, and my family with me." He pulled back from the hug, and looked at me.

"I....I guess...ah..I don't know...I'm sorry Firey...for crying so much..I'm just..so afraid of ...of losing you.." He nodded, and pulled me in for another hug. Again. This time...he wasn't letting go. I felt safe in his arms..

Firey's POV

It killed me to see Leafy this hurt. Back when I first told her I had applied, the look on her face..it destroyed me. I thought about the ring under the dresser. I knew this was the right thing to do..I just didn't know when to do it. I was thinking over the summer..and get married in the fall or winter..

But would it be too soon? Would...would it be too early for her? I can wait how ever long it takes...but I wanna be the one to propose first..I knew when I'd do it eventually it would take a lot out of me..I'm probably the most awkward person when it comes to confessing, who knows what'll happen when I get down and ask.

"Oh, you know what baby, I literally just remembered, there's a box under the dresser." Leafy began. I was stunned, but tried to keep calm. "Is there now?" I said shakily. She nodded, and continued. "Could you go under and grab that for me?"