d a y n i n e

"you deserve someone
who adores you
on the days where you are
in broken fragments too"

V I O L E T
May 9
8:34 A.M.

Mattheo and I didn't tell Florence and the boys about yesterday, I was too embarassed. I felt bad all day because I had put Mattheo in a position where he genuinely thought I was going to die right there in that moment.

I don't think about death the way I used to anymore. I hope he knows that.

M A T T H E O
8:47 A.M.

We eat breakfast in the great hall and I peer over at her every other 10 seconds. I'm scared that one moment she'll be here and the next she'd be a ghost. What if this was all just a crazy dream?

I had one day left.

I want to spend the next two days together so I know she won't do anything that will shatter my heart. She looks at me and smiles at me, I feel like I want to melt in awe everytime she does because it gives me hope. I look down at my food because I begin to think about how she almost died yesterday and how I was so close to not realizing she was missing fast enough.

If I could i'd make a horcrux for the both of us so a part of our souls would always be on this earth together. But I know better than that, i'm not my father.

V I O L E T
3:58 P.M.

All 5 of us sit in mine and Florence's dorm. Enzo said he wanted to tell us something so we all agreed to meeting here. I sit on my bed with Mattheo and Draco beside me while Florence and Enzo are on hers. We sit there quietly until Malfoy says "What the fuck are we doing here."

Lorenzo and Florence have been my longest friends and I can tell by the way she bites her lip that she's nervous. I look at Enzo and his knee is bouncing up and down, like he's on a shaky bus ride. Lorenzo looks at me and I squint my eyes at him, as if i'm telling him I know that they're hiding something. Enzo has always been a beautiful boy, in fact, I had a crush on him during  my first and second year at hogwarts, but that disappeared because I had realized that he reminded me too much of my dead brother.

"Florence and I are dating." He blurts out, and I can see Florence's cheeks heat up and turn red.

"Holy shit!" Draco says. Mattheo doesn't really care as much, i'm pretty sure he's questioning why he's even here in the first place. "Wait really?" I ask, Florence nods her head and I immediately go and hug them, happy for them both.

"You guys aren't mad?" Enzo asks. We all shake our heads because why would we be? Two of the best people I know have found one another and that's the best thing I could ask for. I love both Florence and Enzo, i'm glad they have one another because i'm not sure what would happen if I disappeared one day.