e l e v e n

"Sometimes I think about you
and my heart breaks again
even now.
even still."

V I O L E T
May 11
12:05 A.M.

I go back to Hogwarts and enter our dorm room. Florence and Enzo are sleeping in her bed while Draco is sleeping in mine. I watch them silently because they are the closest thing to family that I have ever had.

I walk over to my bed and kiss Draco's head, "I love you, Draco."

I walk over to Florence's bed and I kiss her head, "I love you, Florence."

I lean further so I can kiss Enzo's head, "I love you, Lorenzo."

I take out Mattheo's journal and the Violet flower from my pocket. I flip it open.

Tonight,
for the first time,
I was not worried you would disappear.
You were already gone.
-Vi

I flip to the next page and write again,

I love you , Florence Clairmont
I love you , Lorenzo Berkshire
I love you , Draco Malfoy
I love you , Mattheo Riddle
-Violet Sinclair

I close the journal and put it in the middle of Florence's nightstand. I put the Violet flower on top.

I apparate myself back to the Ocean where Mattheo and I had visited. Two weeks ago, I would have undermined the posibility of falling in love in ten days. But now I sit in the sand all alone, wondering how I can live without him.

"life seems unbearable without you, Mattheo." I'm talking to no one, but I hope he's listening.

I peel his t-shirt off of my skin and I take my skirt off. My toes dig into the sand and I look out at the crashing waves. I step into the cool water and walk until it hits my shoulders.

You saved my life more than three times, but I couldn't save yours once.

I take my last breath and swim as far as I can, with no one there to save me.